Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pacific Northwest Info

Posted by Kate N on 1/25/03 at 14:26 (106759)

I live in southern Oregon and am interested in what treatment with all these different ESWT machines is available in Oregon, Washington, or Northern Calif. I've just discovered this website and read through the postings. One of the chiropractors I've seen supposedly had some info on OHSU using ultrasound, but she never got it to me. Sounds like some of you on this message board live in my area.

Background: I have had plantar fasciitis and a bone spur for over 18 years. I've had a lot of physical manipulation which has relieved it but about 2 years ago it began acting up and not responding to any treatment. I had a prolotherapy treatment in April 02 and my foot has been quite a bit worse ever since. Currently I use shoe inserts and am going back to magnet pads in my shoes. I am very active physically and 35 pounds overweight. I am an itinerant teacher, do Aikido, walk, exercise at a gym (elliptical machine), and cross country ski. I've had some other physical problems and am considered 'inflammed' at this time (recent bout with pneumonia which is another inflammation). I'm working on life style changes and am loosing weight very slowly.

Any help or information is appreciated.

Re: Pacific Northwest Info

Dr. Z on 1/25/03 at 22:58 (106807)

Hi

ESWT is a very effective treatment for chronic insertional plantar fasciitis. We have Dr. Ed Davis who is a frequent posting doctor on this board. You reach him via his link at the top of the doctor's section on this web site. He is very experienced at this treatment. Feel free to ask any specific questions and practices in your areas

Re: Pacific Northwest Info

Dr. Z on 1/25/03 at 22:58 (106807)

Hi

ESWT is a very effective treatment for chronic insertional plantar fasciitis. We have Dr. Ed Davis who is a frequent posting doctor on this board. You reach him via his link at the top of the doctor's section on this web site. He is very experienced at this treatment. Feel free to ask any specific questions and practices in your areas