Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

planter fascitis

Posted by Patty S. on 1/26/03 at 09:22 (106826)

I have been dealing with planter fascitis for the past year. Basically pain free for about 6 months. Wear the right shoes, heel pads, the whole nine yards. Woke up out of bed last night, on the second step, literally to my knees in pain. The sensation was the skin, muscle/tendon ripping from the heel. Relieved somewhat from flexing my toes up to my shin bone. Awake the rest of the night, any tug of my foot in the wrong direction, overwhelming pain in the back of the heel and the inside of the heel. Somewhat better after being up and forcing myself to take steps on it. This has never never hurt like this. I am wondering if I am still dealing with planter fascitis or what else I can do?

Re: planter fascitis

Dr. A on 1/26/03 at 13:03 (106849)

This still sounds like plantar fasciitis. You need more aggressive treatment by a Dr. At home you can try icing, ibuprofen, rest. do not walk barefooted.

Dr. Z on 1/26/03 at 13:51 (106858)

It sure sounds like pf to Dr. Z. Read the heel pain book. Taping is very helpful.. If no relief from pain within a week time to see a podiatrist

Dr. A on 1/26/03 at 13:03 (106849)

This still sounds like plantar fasciitis. You need more aggressive treatment by a Dr. At home you can try icing, ibuprofen, rest. do not walk barefooted.

Dr. Z on 1/26/03 at 13:51 (106858)

It sure sounds like pf to Dr. Z. Read the heel pain book. Taping is very helpful.. If no relief from pain within a week time to see a podiatrist