Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hot feet

Posted by Barbara F on 1/26/03 at 12:50 (106846)

My feet get hot for seemingly no reason. This can happen at any time but especially at night. I have to sleep with the blankets untucked so I can stick my feet out because they are unbearably hot, red, and bothersome. This will also happen if I walk for more than a block or so.

My feet are so sensitive that it makes it very difficult to buy shoes. Even walking shoes are uncomfortable because they're all leather and are just too hot. Any kind of sandals with straps are impossible to wear because the pressure of the straps causes my feet to swell and get hot, even though they really do fit properly.

I'm in my late 40s, otherwise healthy, slightly overweight, I go to water aerobics thrice weekly and have never met anyone else with this problem

Re: Hot feet

Sharon W on 1/26/03 at 13:20 (106853)

I'm not a doctor, but I know this: that hot, or burning, feeling could mean you have a nerve problem (no, I do NOT mean something psychological, I mean in your FEET!!) and should DEFINITELY be checked out by a Dr. like a podiatrist or a neurologist.

I have that problem sometimes, too.

Sharon

wendyn on 1/26/03 at 13:49 (106856)

Barbara - I have this too - mine is related to a condition called RSD. You need to see a doctor to find out what's happening with your feet. It could be a number of different things, but it's not something to ignore.

Sharon W on 1/26/03 at 13:20 (106853)

I'm not a doctor, but I know this: that hot, or burning, feeling could mean you have a nerve problem (no, I do NOT mean something psychological, I mean in your FEET!!) and should DEFINITELY be checked out by a Dr. like a podiatrist or a neurologist.

I have that problem sometimes, too.

Sharon

wendyn on 1/26/03 at 13:49 (106856)

Barbara - I have this too - mine is related to a condition called RSD. You need to see a doctor to find out what's happening with your feet. It could be a number of different things, but it's not something to ignore.