Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two weeks after TTS surgery, Still alot of pain at times.

Posted by Ricky J. on 1/27/03 at 08:48 (106943)

I had surgery two weeks ago today. Tommorrow I go back to the doctor. I went back to work two days after surgery with very little nerve pain in my left foot, even though I had pain where the surgery occurred. This pain is rompper room compared to the never pain. My right foot seems like it mirrors the pain in my left foot. If my left foot hurts bad then so does my right foot. Has anyone else seen this? I have good days and bad ones since surgery, today I am in alot of pain in both feet.
I do have to say I haven't stayed in bed or at home with my foot propped up much. I have been pretty active when the pain is not too much to bare. I have been hunting several times, always being careful not to put any weight on my foot. I need to do something like hunting or going to work to keep my mind off the pain. Oh yeah cruthes don't work very well in the woods. If I were to stay at home the pain and depresssion would probally take me over the edge. I am not having intense pain 24-7 anymore which is relief. I have pain in right foot 24-7 but it's not as bad, except for flare ups like today. WOW!

Re: Two weeks after TTS surgery, Still alot of pain at times.

Terry Z on 1/27/03 at 11:05 (106978)

Ricky, I had the same problem but when the neurontin was increased a couple weeks ago it helped big time. If I had a lot of tightness and tingling if my right foot my left would mirror those same things just not as bad. I don't know what will happen when I decrease these meds but for now I feel better. I had a the blood tests to rule out different things, have you?

It sounds like you may have pushed yourself a little too fast. I had surgery three weeks ago and I can't weight bear for another week and I haven't DOCTOR'S ORDERS.
Terry

Ricky J. on 1/27/03 at 12:20 (106994)

They did a blood test on me, but I do not know what they were testing for. I had two lumbar cordisone epidurals, MRI, CAT scan, Mylogram performed on me. The Doc's thaught it first was a slip disk causing the pain in my feet. The epidurals did not help so they sent me for Blood test and a NCV and EMG test (The tests from Hell's Doctor). Both on the same vist. The Doc's said that these test indicated that I have TTS.

Terry Z on 1/27/03 at 13:42 (107011)

I know as far as the blood work they took six tubes from me so they did a full work up. I don't know what a Mylogram is help me out? I will tell you that my PT works on my lower back sometimes and it seems to help my good foot. She is convinced that because of crutches and that I worked funny for so long it has messed stuff in my back even though nothing showed on the EMG. The EMG wasn't too bad for me except what was done on my bad foot and my back hurt for three days. My doctor was very good at doing this test. Now I told her it's nothing I'd want to do everyday but I've been through worse. I think there's a connection somehow with the good side taking on some of the pain that the injured side has but maybe I'm wet in the head. I was hoping that it would resolve in the good foot after this surgery but it's too early to tell. My PM doesn't believe it will just go away but I can dream, right. Yours showed TTS in one foot correct?
Terry

Ricky J. on 1/27/03 at 14:01 (107016)

My Doc said that the test Showed a Strong indication in one foot and an it indicated it in the other. I can't remember which foot he said gave the strongest indication. I had the left foot operated on first, since it was the first foot to start hurting and I could still drive using my right one. My left foot started hurting first, then about a month later my right foot. How soon after your first foot started hurting did the other one start hurting? Did the doc take your stitches out after the second week? I don't even know how long the incision is on my foot. I do know that after being rapped up for two weeks, my foot is ready for some fresh air, If you know what I meam. Just curious, is your doc Dr. Gould in Alabama?

Terry Z on 1/27/03 at 17:40 (107045)

I had my stitches taken out last week I had entrapment of the lateral plantar nerve so my scar isn't as long as most. 4 1/2'-maybe 5' it is healing very well and the surgery did a very nice job closing it up. The tightness in my good foot started two months after my accident (which was Oct. 2001) it was the size of a nickel in my arch. At times my left got so bad I had tingling half way up my leg. I know it sounds crazy but it seemed to be telling me where my problem was in my right foot. Why this happens heaven knows I wish I had the answer. When do you get your stitches out? No my doc is not Dr. Gould I'm from the cold state of Wisconsin. Where are you located?
Terry

Ricky J. on 1/29/03 at 08:14 (107234)

I went to the doctor yesterday and they removed my stitches. I have about a 4' scar on my foot which seems to be healing well. The Doc said my never was definetly trap and said that If I was seeing any relief in the pain this soon was good. He said in alot of cases it may take as much as three months before some people see any relief. It' been pretty cold here, but I would imagine nothing like Wisconsin. I live in Huntsivlle Alabama which is in north portion of the state.

Bev N on 2/03/03 at 19:10 (107852)

Hi Ricky, My sister lives in Huntsville Alabama too- Small world, I'M here in freezing Michigan!

Terry Z on 1/27/03 at 11:05 (106978)

Ricky, I had the same problem but when the neurontin was increased a couple weeks ago it helped big time. If I had a lot of tightness and tingling if my right foot my left would mirror those same things just not as bad. I don't know what will happen when I decrease these meds but for now I feel better. I had a the blood tests to rule out different things, have you?

It sounds like you may have pushed yourself a little too fast. I had surgery three weeks ago and I can't weight bear for another week and I haven't DOCTOR'S ORDERS.
Terry

Ricky J. on 1/27/03 at 12:20 (106994)

They did a blood test on me, but I do not know what they were testing for. I had two lumbar cordisone epidurals, MRI, CAT scan, Mylogram performed on me. The Doc's thaught it first was a slip disk causing the pain in my feet. The epidurals did not help so they sent me for Blood test and a NCV and EMG test (The tests from Hell's Doctor). Both on the same vist. The Doc's said that these test indicated that I have TTS.

Terry Z on 1/27/03 at 13:42 (107011)

I know as far as the blood work they took six tubes from me so they did a full work up. I don't know what a Mylogram is help me out? I will tell you that my PT works on my lower back sometimes and it seems to help my good foot. She is convinced that because of crutches and that I worked funny for so long it has messed stuff in my back even though nothing showed on the EMG. The EMG wasn't too bad for me except what was done on my bad foot and my back hurt for three days. My doctor was very good at doing this test. Now I told her it's nothing I'd want to do everyday but I've been through worse. I think there's a connection somehow with the good side taking on some of the pain that the injured side has but maybe I'm wet in the head. I was hoping that it would resolve in the good foot after this surgery but it's too early to tell. My PM doesn't believe it will just go away but I can dream, right. Yours showed TTS in one foot correct?
Terry

Ricky J. on 1/27/03 at 14:01 (107016)

My Doc said that the test Showed a Strong indication in one foot and an it indicated it in the other. I can't remember which foot he said gave the strongest indication. I had the left foot operated on first, since it was the first foot to start hurting and I could still drive using my right one. My left foot started hurting first, then about a month later my right foot. How soon after your first foot started hurting did the other one start hurting? Did the doc take your stitches out after the second week? I don't even know how long the incision is on my foot. I do know that after being rapped up for two weeks, my foot is ready for some fresh air, If you know what I meam. Just curious, is your doc Dr. Gould in Alabama?

Terry Z on 1/27/03 at 17:40 (107045)

I had my stitches taken out last week I had entrapment of the lateral plantar nerve so my scar isn't as long as most. 4 1/2'-maybe 5' it is healing very well and the surgery did a very nice job closing it up. The tightness in my good foot started two months after my accident (which was Oct. 2001) it was the size of a nickel in my arch. At times my left got so bad I had tingling half way up my leg. I know it sounds crazy but it seemed to be telling me where my problem was in my right foot. Why this happens heaven knows I wish I had the answer. When do you get your stitches out? No my doc is not Dr. Gould I'm from the cold state of Wisconsin. Where are you located?
Terry

Ricky J. on 1/29/03 at 08:14 (107234)

I went to the doctor yesterday and they removed my stitches. I have about a 4' scar on my foot which seems to be healing well. The Doc said my never was definetly trap and said that If I was seeing any relief in the pain this soon was good. He said in alot of cases it may take as much as three months before some people see any relief. It' been pretty cold here, but I would imagine nothing like Wisconsin. I live in Huntsivlle Alabama which is in north portion of the state.

Bev N on 2/03/03 at 19:10 (107852)

Hi Ricky, My sister lives in Huntsville Alabama too- Small world, I'M here in freezing Michigan!

lhalipern on 2/25/03 at 21:04 (110778)

I have a bad case of plantar facitis and need to see a good podiatrist in Huntsville alabama...any good recomendations?

Bev N on 2/26/03 at 08:15 (110808)

lhalipern, My sister lives in Huntsville too and my neice is a massage therapist there. She is checking on massage therapy ideas for PT for me. She was going to do some research on PT when she had the time.You can research on this board for doctors in your area for PT.
Hope you find help and keep us informed as to how you are doing, there is a lot of help and support on this board. Bev