Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A question for Scott R

Posted by Kathy G on 1/27/03 at 09:17 (106950)

Hi Scott,

Well, as you noticed, I managed to duplicate post a whole lot below! Some of the posters answered my question but now none of us know where the 'Messages Posted Since Your Last Vist' links for each individual board have gone. Did you delete them?

I understand why my computer timed out on me. It was, as Julie said, that I wasn't using the function often enough.

I never can think of you or write to you without once again thanking you so much for this wonderful website!

Re: A question for Scott R

nancy s. on 1/27/03 at 17:40 (107043)

howdy kathy, i think these days scott is being notified via his computer when you address something to him as 'scottr' -- no space.

so, if this is still true, scottr scottr scottr, can you answer kathy's question?

thank you from nancy

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 02:33 (107099)

well, kathy, it's not looking as though the 'scottr' thing is working. maybe he needs an email? you don't have to hurt your arms and type too much -- just refer him to this thread. as you know, i don't use those mini-sinceyourlastvisits and so i don't miss them, but it seems strange that they disappeared the second we started talking about them.

nancy

Kathy G on 1/28/03 at 09:32 (107126)

Well, Nancy, I'd do that but I can't figure out how to email Scott! I've never had occasion to do it! Maybe we'll never find out where they went!

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 16:45 (107174)

kathy, you can email scott this way, without the spaces:

scott @ heelspurs.com

sorry, i should have included that. it's somewhere on the site, but nowhere on the message boards if i remember right (remember right NOW, that is!)

nancy

Scott R on 1/28/03 at 19:52 (107196)

Hi,
I didn't think many were using the 'since your last visit' for each individual board and it was causing more confusion and clutter than it's worth. Anyone agree or disagree?

JudyS on 1/28/03 at 19:56 (107197)

I use it all the time, Scott, but I may be in the minority. No worries though - whatever you do we can adapt!

Scott R on 1/28/03 at 20:01 (107198)

It still works. Go to the same link that does it for all message boards and change the 'all' in the link to the code for each board that i mentioned earlier (that can also be seen in each of the index URLs).

Re: About those MPSYLV......ScottR

Kathy G on 1/28/03 at 20:14 (107200)

Hi Scott,

Well I started all this and I can't tell you if I miss them or not! As I said, my computer kept timing out before I got any postings. But I think Julie was right. I needed to use them more often. I believe I'd like the individual ones better but maybe that would take too long. Hopefully you'll get input from others who have been using them. Or maybe no one was using them??

As to this posting about changing all in the URL to the codes you mentioned, I must again admit that I don't know what you mean! Nevertheless, thank you very much for answering my question!

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 22:21 (107216)

scott: hmm, if kathy and judy use it all the time, probably other people do too; but maybe those additional people won't see this thread and your question since they read the board that way (just kidding!).

seriously, if some people use it and it isn't a problem to keep it going, scott, i'd keep it going. i certainly didn't mean to try to deprive folks of their preferred method even if i have a little fun making fun of it (and why it's fun for me, i know not). i may not agree with the way they read the board, but i'll defend to the death their right to read it any crazy old way they want. ;}

i guess it can't really be crazy, since you dreamed up the organization and have had that option there since at least 2001, scott; maybe it was 2000. unless, of course, your own sanity can be questioned. and how are your internet love life and your unmade bed, anyhow? don't mind me, it's WAY past my sleep time

nancy!

Julie on 1/29/03 at 02:43 (107229)

Kathy, I used them occasionally (when my computer crashed while I was reading the main MPSYLVs). But I really do think it's better to read the main board so that you don't miss anything that's really interesting or important - and it's quicker, ultimately.

Scott R on 1/29/03 at 07:36 (107232)

nancy, you're starting to sound insane like me. i've always thought those particular links were possibly a bad idea.

nancy s. on 1/29/03 at 09:13 (107236)

i no longer have television, scottr, and i'm starting to see that the message board is getting what used to be my tv attention. (and i think it's a good trade.) so that may be why i sound insane like you. this is my excuse; what's yours? oh yeah, you RUN this wonderful site!

nancy

nancy s. on 1/27/03 at 17:40 (107043)

howdy kathy, i think these days scott is being notified via his computer when you address something to him as 'scottr' -- no space.

so, if this is still true, scottr scottr scottr, can you answer kathy's question?

thank you from nancy

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 02:33 (107099)

well, kathy, it's not looking as though the 'scottr' thing is working. maybe he needs an email? you don't have to hurt your arms and type too much -- just refer him to this thread. as you know, i don't use those mini-sinceyourlastvisits and so i don't miss them, but it seems strange that they disappeared the second we started talking about them.

nancy

Kathy G on 1/28/03 at 09:32 (107126)

Well, Nancy, I'd do that but I can't figure out how to email Scott! I've never had occasion to do it! Maybe we'll never find out where they went!

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 16:45 (107174)

kathy, you can email scott this way, without the spaces:

scott @ heelspurs.com

sorry, i should have included that. it's somewhere on the site, but nowhere on the message boards if i remember right (remember right NOW, that is!)

nancy

Scott R on 1/28/03 at 19:52 (107196)

Hi,
I didn't think many were using the 'since your last visit' for each individual board and it was causing more confusion and clutter than it's worth. Anyone agree or disagree?

JudyS on 1/28/03 at 19:56 (107197)

I use it all the time, Scott, but I may be in the minority. No worries though - whatever you do we can adapt!

Scott R on 1/28/03 at 20:01 (107198)

It still works. Go to the same link that does it for all message boards and change the 'all' in the link to the code for each board that i mentioned earlier (that can also be seen in each of the index URLs).

Kathy G on 1/28/03 at 20:14 (107200)

Hi Scott,

Well I started all this and I can't tell you if I miss them or not! As I said, my computer kept timing out before I got any postings. But I think Julie was right. I needed to use them more often. I believe I'd like the individual ones better but maybe that would take too long. Hopefully you'll get input from others who have been using them. Or maybe no one was using them??

As to this posting about changing all in the URL to the codes you mentioned, I must again admit that I don't know what you mean! Nevertheless, thank you very much for answering my question!

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 22:21 (107216)

scott: hmm, if kathy and judy use it all the time, probably other people do too; but maybe those additional people won't see this thread and your question since they read the board that way (just kidding!).

seriously, if some people use it and it isn't a problem to keep it going, scott, i'd keep it going. i certainly didn't mean to try to deprive folks of their preferred method even if i have a little fun making fun of it (and why it's fun for me, i know not). i may not agree with the way they read the board, but i'll defend to the death their right to read it any crazy old way they want. ;}

i guess it can't really be crazy, since you dreamed up the organization and have had that option there since at least 2001, scott; maybe it was 2000. unless, of course, your own sanity can be questioned. and how are your internet love life and your unmade bed, anyhow? don't mind me, it's WAY past my sleep time

nancy!

Julie on 1/29/03 at 02:43 (107229)

Kathy, I used them occasionally (when my computer crashed while I was reading the main MPSYLVs). But I really do think it's better to read the main board so that you don't miss anything that's really interesting or important - and it's quicker, ultimately.

Scott R on 1/29/03 at 07:36 (107232)

nancy, you're starting to sound insane like me. i've always thought those particular links were possibly a bad idea.

nancy s. on 1/29/03 at 09:13 (107236)

i no longer have television, scottr, and i'm starting to see that the message board is getting what used to be my tv attention. (and i think it's a good trade.) so that may be why i sound insane like you. this is my excuse; what's yours? oh yeah, you RUN this wonderful site!

nancy