Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

All of San Diego celebrates.............

Posted by JudyS on 1/27/03 at 12:42 (106998)

........the Raiders lose! :)

Did you all enjoy our lovely city?

Re: All of San Diego celebrates.............

nancy s. on 1/27/03 at 19:12 (107060)

wait a minute. aren't the raiders from san francisco? i do know that the florida team was called the buccaneers. this is about all i know, and it may even be totally inaccurate! i can't even remember who won! i'm terrible at any sport that has nothing to do with the boston red sox, which i'm sure you're all sick of hearing about. but don't be too sick of hearing about it, because in only 2+ months they'll be out on the field again. and i'll be over at the laundromat watching them. and i'll be commenting here; i have nowhere else to go! you poor things.

nancy

JudyS on 1/27/03 at 22:20 (107081)

Close, Nancy. The Raiders are from Oakland. And they are big rivals to the San Diego Chargers. And they have a brutish reputation (I know, you'd think that goes hand-in-glove with all of football, huh?) for being ugly on the field and their fans have the same rep off the field. So.....all of San Diego celebrates!

john h on 1/28/03 at 08:32 (107113)

Judy: the meanest people on any sports field anywhere in any sport are British soccer fans. They make the players look sissy. The Brit teams were actually banned from competeing on the Continent at one time after about 27 fans were killed during a riot. they are often referred to as Holligans which may mean a particular group of fans but in any event I would not want to attend a Championship soccer game with the Brits playing and the Holligans in the stands. Sorry Julie--

john h on 1/28/03 at 08:42 (107117)

Judy: they did not just lose they got hammered.

Kathy G on 1/28/03 at 08:52 (107119)

That they did, John. And while it made for a pretty boring game, we New England Patriots fans are really happy that we won't have to listen to Al Davis ramble on about how they'd have whole thing last year if it hadn't been for that stupid tuck rule.

Real old time fans like me can never forget when Jack Tatum took out Darryl Stingley with a dirty hit in an Exhibiition game and have never been able to get over the image of the Raiders being a really dirty team.

Hey, Nancy, I was vacationing at Hills Beach when that happened, too. Jack Tatum, a particularly ugly player for Oakland, laid a dirty tackle on a New England Patriot, Darryl Stingely, during an Exhibition game. Exhibition games don't even count. And Stingley, a player with great potential and a generally nice guy, ended up a papraplegic.

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 17:21 (107184)

all this football is greek to me. but i will bear up under it and snow you all under with red sox talk very soon. (not soon enough, though -- it was 11 below here this morning.)

nancy

nancy s. on 1/27/03 at 19:12 (107060)

wait a minute. aren't the raiders from san francisco? i do know that the florida team was called the buccaneers. this is about all i know, and it may even be totally inaccurate! i can't even remember who won! i'm terrible at any sport that has nothing to do with the boston red sox, which i'm sure you're all sick of hearing about. but don't be too sick of hearing about it, because in only 2+ months they'll be out on the field again. and i'll be over at the laundromat watching them. and i'll be commenting here; i have nowhere else to go! you poor things.

nancy

JudyS on 1/27/03 at 22:20 (107081)

Close, Nancy. The Raiders are from Oakland. And they are big rivals to the San Diego Chargers. And they have a brutish reputation (I know, you'd think that goes hand-in-glove with all of football, huh?) for being ugly on the field and their fans have the same rep off the field. So.....all of San Diego celebrates!

john h on 1/28/03 at 08:32 (107113)

Judy: the meanest people on any sports field anywhere in any sport are British soccer fans. They make the players look sissy. The Brit teams were actually banned from competeing on the Continent at one time after about 27 fans were killed during a riot. they are often referred to as Holligans which may mean a particular group of fans but in any event I would not want to attend a Championship soccer game with the Brits playing and the Holligans in the stands. Sorry Julie--

john h on 1/28/03 at 08:42 (107117)

Judy: they did not just lose they got hammered.

Kathy G on 1/28/03 at 08:52 (107119)

That they did, John. And while it made for a pretty boring game, we New England Patriots fans are really happy that we won't have to listen to Al Davis ramble on about how they'd have whole thing last year if it hadn't been for that stupid tuck rule.

Real old time fans like me can never forget when Jack Tatum took out Darryl Stingley with a dirty hit in an Exhibiition game and have never been able to get over the image of the Raiders being a really dirty team.

Hey, Nancy, I was vacationing at Hills Beach when that happened, too. Jack Tatum, a particularly ugly player for Oakland, laid a dirty tackle on a New England Patriot, Darryl Stingely, during an Exhibition game. Exhibition games don't even count. And Stingley, a player with great potential and a generally nice guy, ended up a papraplegic.

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 17:21 (107184)

all this football is greek to me. but i will bear up under it and snow you all under with red sox talk very soon. (not soon enough, though -- it was 11 below here this morning.)

nancy