Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bayshore ESWT-- 9 weeks post treatment

Posted by Amy in Va Bch on 1/27/03 at 23:00 (107084)

Hi,

I am so sorry that I have been neglectful in keeping you up-to-date with my progress following my ESWT treatment. I have been suffering from migraine headaches for over a month now. If you suffer from them you know how incapacitating they can be. I have spent much less time on the computer and I have lots I need to do that I have been unable to do. Most days I spent in bed with an icepack on my head day and night. Staying out of the light, no noise, you know the drill.

Right now I am over 2/3 way through with the recovery from the treatment that took place 11/14-11/19/02. Again, I do not limp. That is excellent since it was exacerabating my sacroiliitis. However, as I indicated in my last post on 12/20, there is some increased discomfort in my R heel and I attribute that to the normal healing process as explained to me. It will all come out in the wash in another month when the 3 month post-treatment period is finished.

Julie C, you asked me a question following my 12/20/02 post. My sacroilliitis developed prior to the PF. I have been in PT for it and it is very difficult. But surgery is not an option. I have a bulging lumbar disk and a lot of pain. I am having more pain from my back than from my PF. I have to exercise and look for another Osteopath since mine relocated to Miami! Help anyone know of a good Osteopath who does high velocity spinal manipulations in VA???

Now let me tell you my progress since my last post. For the first time in years I have been able to clean my house as I should. Yeahhhhh!!!! I have to take breaks, but that is due to my sedentary lifestyle for four years and especially so for the last 1.5 since the PF diagnosis. I do not go past the point of pain. I had not been able to do ANYTHING productive before due to PF pain, severe limping, and the lumbar pain too. I call that progress.

In the AM about two weeks ago I began with a bit of the 'cold foot' syndrome. I get up and put my feet down and there is a bit of discomfort but after taksing 3-5 steps it is resolved. Normal? Sunny and Cori, what can you tell me and how should I deal with that using Bayshore protocols since my treatment was done there?

Now, was the treatment worth it? Yes. Am I cured? Not yet. Am I better than I was? Yes. Am I grateful for that? Yes. Might I have to get a second treatment? Maybe, I do not know at this time. I am taking it one day at a time. I will ask for direction from Sunny and Cori how they feel about my progress as indicated in this post.

My husband just returned from a 6-month Med cruise on 1/23 and I have tried so hard to get my medical conditions straightened out before he got back. It must be hard to have a wife with so many medical problems. I am facing surgery now too. But I will get through it. It is hard to BE a wife with multiple medical problems. But God can get me through it. I am counting on that most of all.

Do I recommend Bayshore and their treatment still? Yep. I know it has helped me and I believe I will still see a positive result and be able to return to nursing. I will not give up!

Take care all. Don't lose heart. I will say a prayer for all of you who suffer. Remember, we learn so much in times of trouble and we become better people for it.

Love & peace,
Amy

Re: Bayshore ESWT-- 9 weeks post treatment

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/28/03 at 01:10 (107092)

Amy:
Great to hear you are getting better. The next three weeks will be especially exciting since we use the 12 week mark to see how the treatment has done and whether to go for another round or not.
Ed

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 01:17 (107094)

thank you, amy. i wish you well with everything!

nancy

Julie on 1/28/03 at 02:52 (107101)

Good morning Nancy.

I've been up for two hours.

Isn't it time you went to bed?

Good night :)

BrianG on 1/28/03 at 20:35 (107201)

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the update. I'm happy you continue to heal. It's really to bad you have more than one ailment going on at the same time. Having your husband home must have helped, less time on your feet :*)

It almost sounded like you were leaving a message for Cori, or Sunny. I don't know if they read the board every day, you might want to write to them directly. Keep up the healing, and say thanks to your husband, for serving!

Regards
BrianG

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 1/29/03 at 18:52 (107278)

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your update. As we have indicated to you, your back problem can create additional problems for your feet. Therefore, once you fully recover from PF, the recovery may not be permanent due to your back problem.
However, as Dr. Ed Davies has suggested, if you decide to get a second course of treatment, you are welcome to visit us in the summer. No additional treatment fee will be charged by Bayshore.
In the meantime we wish you all the best for a good recovery. Please keep us updated about your progress.
Cori is extremely busy with thelarge number of U.S. patients and she is surprised that they book treatments with us despite the extreme winter weather, without complaint.
Best regards,
Sunny

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/28/03 at 01:10 (107092)

Amy:
Great to hear you are getting better. The next three weeks will be especially exciting since we use the 12 week mark to see how the treatment has done and whether to go for another round or not.
Ed

nancy s. on 1/28/03 at 01:17 (107094)

thank you, amy. i wish you well with everything!

nancy

Julie on 1/28/03 at 02:52 (107101)

Good morning Nancy.

I've been up for two hours.

Isn't it time you went to bed?

Good night :)

BrianG on 1/28/03 at 20:35 (107201)

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the update. I'm happy you continue to heal. It's really to bad you have more than one ailment going on at the same time. Having your husband home must have helped, less time on your feet :*)

It almost sounded like you were leaving a message for Cori, or Sunny. I don't know if they read the board every day, you might want to write to them directly. Keep up the healing, and say thanks to your husband, for serving!

Regards
BrianG

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 1/29/03 at 18:52 (107278)

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your update. As we have indicated to you, your back problem can create additional problems for your feet. Therefore, once you fully recover from PF, the recovery may not be permanent due to your back problem.
However, as Dr. Ed Davies has suggested, if you decide to get a second course of treatment, you are welcome to visit us in the summer. No additional treatment fee will be charged by Bayshore.
In the meantime we wish you all the best for a good recovery. Please keep us updated about your progress.
Cori is extremely busy with thelarge number of U.S. patients and she is surprised that they book treatments with us despite the extreme winter weather, without complaint.
Best regards,
Sunny