Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

now it's messed up worse

Posted by pala on 1/29/03 at 17:28 (107271)

now the type is too small for me to read!

Re: now it's messed up worse

nancy s. on 1/29/03 at 17:51 (107275)

uh oh. maybe you should take a 'small' pill -- you know, 'one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small....'
?
nancy

BrianG on 1/29/03 at 19:59 (107282)

and the ones that mother give you, don't do anything at all

Next....... :*)

pala on 1/29/03 at 20:10 (107286)

well you old hippy, you. it was a false alarm. larry did it. i didn't realize i could choose type size. i am an idiot.

nancy s. on 1/29/03 at 20:46 (107290)

i never could figure out the words to that line, brian! at last, what, 35 years later? now i know.

say, i didn't know you can change type size on web sites; i thought i could do it only on email. will have to look into this. give me a hint?

nancy

pala on 1/29/03 at 21:21 (107295)

go to edit and then preferences. i have a mac. and i am reading this in 18 point type. it's nice

nancy s. on 1/30/03 at 00:33 (107307)

ooo, thanks! i'm now at 17 point. much better.

BrianG on 1/30/03 at 09:11 (107332)

I admit to everything, I saw Grace Slick w/ Jefferson Airplane in the Village, about 1972. I'm pretty sure it was at the Filmore East, probably long gone by now.....

Peace :*)
BrianG

PS Glad you figured out how to adjust your type size, even if you are blaming Larry

john h on 1/30/03 at 09:15 (107336)

Nancy: Go to Explorer Preferences and then to Fonts and select the size you want. If you are using Netscape it will work the same way.

Kathy G on 1/30/03 at 09:34 (107341)

It's Kathy, the Computer Wizzard!! How can I change the font? I have AOL. I knew I could change it on email but not on websites. My husband would love to change the font when he's perusing EBay for golf bargains.

The man spends so much time looking at clubs he doesn't buy! It's much worse this time of year. Cabin fever is setting in.

Last night, he got the thrill of his life, though. As I've mentioned, my son is getting married in September. Last evening, he and his fiance were going to 'taste' wedding cakes. Sinc the bakery was equidistant for my daughter at UNH and us, I suggested we meet afterwards and go out for dinner. Well, his fiance wanted us all to go and taste cakes! You should have seen the look the baker's face when five of us came tromping in!

To say that my son and husband were less than interested would be a gross understatement but they both ate all their cake and agreed it was delicious! And actually, my son had some rather definitive thoughts on what he didn't want so it's a good thing he came along. We women had a ball, tasting, looking, discussing.... Only problem, when we went out for dinner, we weren't that hungry, having had dessert before the meal!

I know that has nothing to do with the font on the computer but this is the Social Board and I'm obviously in a more rambling mood than usual!

Kathy G on 1/30/03 at 09:36 (107343)

I was a huge Jefferson Airplane fan, Brian. I have Surrealistic Pillow on vinyl and on cd. I don't think they ever topped that album!

nancy s. on 1/29/03 at 17:51 (107275)

uh oh. maybe you should take a 'small' pill -- you know, 'one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small....'
?
nancy

BrianG on 1/29/03 at 19:59 (107282)

and the ones that mother give you, don't do anything at all

Next....... :*)

pala on 1/29/03 at 20:10 (107286)

well you old hippy, you. it was a false alarm. larry did it. i didn't realize i could choose type size. i am an idiot.

nancy s. on 1/29/03 at 20:46 (107290)

i never could figure out the words to that line, brian! at last, what, 35 years later? now i know.

say, i didn't know you can change type size on web sites; i thought i could do it only on email. will have to look into this. give me a hint?

nancy

pala on 1/29/03 at 21:21 (107295)

go to edit and then preferences. i have a mac. and i am reading this in 18 point type. it's nice

nancy s. on 1/30/03 at 00:33 (107307)

ooo, thanks! i'm now at 17 point. much better.

BrianG on 1/30/03 at 09:11 (107332)

I admit to everything, I saw Grace Slick w/ Jefferson Airplane in the Village, about 1972. I'm pretty sure it was at the Filmore East, probably long gone by now.....

Peace :*)
BrianG

PS Glad you figured out how to adjust your type size, even if you are blaming Larry

john h on 1/30/03 at 09:15 (107336)

Nancy: Go to Explorer Preferences and then to Fonts and select the size you want. If you are using Netscape it will work the same way.

Kathy G on 1/30/03 at 09:34 (107341)

It's Kathy, the Computer Wizzard!! How can I change the font? I have AOL. I knew I could change it on email but not on websites. My husband would love to change the font when he's perusing EBay for golf bargains.

The man spends so much time looking at clubs he doesn't buy! It's much worse this time of year. Cabin fever is setting in.

Last night, he got the thrill of his life, though. As I've mentioned, my son is getting married in September. Last evening, he and his fiance were going to 'taste' wedding cakes. Sinc the bakery was equidistant for my daughter at UNH and us, I suggested we meet afterwards and go out for dinner. Well, his fiance wanted us all to go and taste cakes! You should have seen the look the baker's face when five of us came tromping in!

To say that my son and husband were less than interested would be a gross understatement but they both ate all their cake and agreed it was delicious! And actually, my son had some rather definitive thoughts on what he didn't want so it's a good thing he came along. We women had a ball, tasting, looking, discussing.... Only problem, when we went out for dinner, we weren't that hungry, having had dessert before the meal!

I know that has nothing to do with the font on the computer but this is the Social Board and I'm obviously in a more rambling mood than usual!

Kathy G on 1/30/03 at 09:36 (107343)

I was a huge Jefferson Airplane fan, Brian. I have Surrealistic Pillow on vinyl and on cd. I don't think they ever topped that album!