Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Brian,name of that support group

Posted by Tammie on 1/30/03 at 13:14 (107372)

Brian you once gave me the name of good support groups for RSD I think Janet did also maybe Laurie? Remember we just got this new computor and Of course we lost almost everything I had marked.

I need this information as they had alot on Pain management and RSD and how to take care of things. I had a Block tues, was very bad for me,I have some kinda reaction going on thru me. Dr. says gave me 21 breakthru meds and said it was a one time thing, overe phone. Called today and said not helping that long. He doubled my neurontin from 1800 to 3600.I still am having alot of pain.Heat is good as Ice is a big no for RSD. But I want that site as there is always good information of how to deal with things concerning RSD.

I wish there was more here about RSD as now it seems as tho many more are seeming to be dx with it. i am wondering what the deal about this is? I have been listening in and notice a few others are learning they have it . It would be nice to be able to talk with those here who have been hear and now have RSD. Does anyone think it would be ok? I hate to yap on and on about RSD in the social or any where else as i fear others will be bored or feel as tho it is not about topic. Anyways if any one has that link please let me know. I am in need of some help dealing with a bad sympathetic block. Doc is not ocncerned says use the breakthru meds and get back to us if no difference. I did.

Re: It's the MGH forum, right?

BrianG on 1/30/03 at 20:42 (107421)

Hi Tammie,

I sent you the link, check your Yahoo mail. Get all you can from this pain doc. Don't be afraid to move on if he / she reaches a point where they will not, or can not, help you any more. There are other PM docs, sometimes you just have to search a little to find that one compassionate person that will help you.

Good luck
BrianG

Tammie on 2/01/03 at 17:55 (107642)

Brian thank you this is the one I wanted!!! Yes I hear you about the change.I have another one in mind.My primary sure stepped in, gave me a script that was almost adicuate,she told me the other option is is it is to much pain she is on call , she would put me in hospital and give me by IV a stronger med to calm down the activiti

The pain Doc on call was equally heelpful, told me my options and why this pain happened something aboutwhen they inject in the spine sometimes blood vessles get involved and it sends more pain or something like that I was in a lot of pain. I will see my Pain doc Tues am that is when he is in. This other pain doc says my doc is tops that I should give him a chance as he is going the right way.Just a bit of trouble with this last injection. Anyways I am being kept semi medicated, till Tues. or I may choose the hospital if I cant make it thru it. I am keeping busy, as they say this is good. We will see what Mr. pain doc says about all of this. I have another ones name and phone if I think I want to try a new one. I have learned a bit Brian, but I am sick of this dern pain I just cant believe I keep getting the lower % of things happening. Thanks for the help and the links They have helped me before learning how to do things for this RSD aalso janet posts there and maybe Laurie.

Re: Good luck Tuesday !

BrianG on 2/02/03 at 16:39 (107729)

Hi Tammie,

I hope your appointment on Tuesday goes well for you. Don't forget to jot down the questions you have for the doc. I know you have made notes in the past. They will help both you, and the doctor. Let him know that you certainly believe he / she is doing a good job, it's just that you are getting worse (more pain) rather than better. Tell him you are even considering going into the hospital to get the pain under control. It's a great idea, but just remember you will probably have to go with a stronger pain med to keep your pain under control.

You are not a drug addict, you do not take your pain meds to get high, you do not need to constantly increase your medication. Once your are at the appropriate dose, you can go for a year, or more, before increases. None of us really 'like' taking pain meds, but it sure beats the alternative of out of control suffering!

Good luck
BrianG

BrianG on 1/30/03 at 20:42 (107421)

Hi Tammie,

I sent you the link, check your Yahoo mail. Get all you can from this pain doc. Don't be afraid to move on if he / she reaches a point where they will not, or can not, help you any more. There are other PM docs, sometimes you just have to search a little to find that one compassionate person that will help you.

Good luck
BrianG

Tammie on 2/01/03 at 17:55 (107642)

Brian thank you this is the one I wanted!!! Yes I hear you about the change.I have another one in mind.My primary sure stepped in, gave me a script that was almost adicuate,she told me the other option is is it is to much pain she is on call , she would put me in hospital and give me by IV a stronger med to calm down the activiti

The pain Doc on call was equally heelpful, told me my options and why this pain happened something aboutwhen they inject in the spine sometimes blood vessles get involved and it sends more pain or something like that I was in a lot of pain. I will see my Pain doc Tues am that is when he is in. This other pain doc says my doc is tops that I should give him a chance as he is going the right way.Just a bit of trouble with this last injection. Anyways I am being kept semi medicated, till Tues. or I may choose the hospital if I cant make it thru it. I am keeping busy, as they say this is good. We will see what Mr. pain doc says about all of this. I have another ones name and phone if I think I want to try a new one. I have learned a bit Brian, but I am sick of this dern pain I just cant believe I keep getting the lower % of things happening. Thanks for the help and the links They have helped me before learning how to do things for this RSD aalso janet posts there and maybe Laurie.

Re: Good luck Tuesday !

BrianG on 2/02/03 at 16:39 (107729)

Hi Tammie,

I hope your appointment on Tuesday goes well for you. Don't forget to jot down the questions you have for the doc. I know you have made notes in the past. They will help both you, and the doctor. Let him know that you certainly believe he / she is doing a good job, it's just that you are getting worse (more pain) rather than better. Tell him you are even considering going into the hospital to get the pain under control. It's a great idea, but just remember you will probably have to go with a stronger pain med to keep your pain under control.

You are not a drug addict, you do not take your pain meds to get high, you do not need to constantly increase your medication. Once your are at the appropriate dose, you can go for a year, or more, before increases. None of us really 'like' taking pain meds, but it sure beats the alternative of out of control suffering!

Good luck
BrianG