Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur in Achille Tendontitis

Posted by gloria s. noll on 1/30/03 at 19:10 (107407)

I am deaf, had this heel spur in achille tendontitis since last summer, had been to orthpaedist, therapy treatment and now last resort is podiatrist, he told me thru my sister acted as my interpreter that I have had heel spur over 30 yrs without knowing till it hit me with inflammation. I cannot tolerate this pain till the podiatrist put soft cast from my foot a;ll the way to knee, it gave me great relief, but after one week, the podiatrist removed it, and it came back again, told me to exercise it which I did, thank god no more pain, but walking is terrible, pain, with aches.. also podiatrist gave me custom soles, which I felt is not helping at all. He said no surgery, no cortisone shot at all. I wish my heel spur be gone so I can go back to activities like I used to, this kind of aching gave me less activities.. I miss my lifestyle.
Any suggestion you can give me.. I will go back to see podiatrist this coming Fri, my third visits so far.
Gloria Noll

Re: Heel Spur in Achille Tendontitis

Dr. Z on 1/30/03 at 19:36 (107414)

If the pain is where the achilles tendon inserts into the back of the heel bone, then ESWT can help you get rid of your pain. This is a non-invasive procedure that can eliminate your chronic pain. IF you have had this for six months and nothing is helping then ESWT is something to look into . I can send you an ESWT informational packet if you would like . What state do you live in.? You can e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) and we will send you an informational packet

Dr A. on 1/30/03 at 22:16 (107438)

I agree, so far I have tx achilles tendonitis with epos ultra 5/5 success.
It is off-label and I did it for free to see if it would work.

Dr. Z, what is your protocol. E-mail me to compare.

Dr. Z on 1/30/03 at 23:32 (107448)

Sure will.

Dr. Z on 1/30/03 at 19:36 (107414)

If the pain is where the achilles tendon inserts into the back of the heel bone, then ESWT can help you get rid of your pain. This is a non-invasive procedure that can eliminate your chronic pain. IF you have had this for six months and nothing is helping then ESWT is something to look into . I can send you an ESWT informational packet if you would like . What state do you live in.? You can e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) and we will send you an informational packet

Dr A. on 1/30/03 at 22:16 (107438)

I agree, so far I have tx achilles tendonitis with epos ultra 5/5 success.
It is off-label and I did it for free to see if it would work.

Dr. Z, what is your protocol. E-mail me to compare.

Dr. Z on 1/30/03 at 23:32 (107448)

Sure will.