Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

today some good news...disability benefits approved!

Posted by carynz on 1/30/03 at 23:05 (107446)

hello everyone..
just to share my good news received today. I have finally received approval that my disability benefits are approved and will be backdated to Jan/02 what a big relief that is. My foot is not any better but at least they finally have recognized that it is possibly a permanent issue and one that prevents me from a reasonable quality of recreational and professional life.

I had surgery on my left shoulder just Tuesday morning for rotator cuff injury and they sent me home yesterday due to a shortage of beds I*(wendy and other canucks you can relate i am sure)am on pain meds which i hate the feeling that goes with it. i will be a 1 arm bandit for 6 to 10 mos. depending on recovery, too bad it's the same side as my bad foot as i asked the good doc to just cut me in half and throw the left side away, ha ha.

hope everyone is doing a-okay.

cheers,
caryn

Re: today some good news...disability benefits approved!

Suzanne D on 1/31/03 at 12:29 (107483)

GOod for you, Caryn! I am glad you received disability and wish you a good recovery from your recent surgery.

Suzanne :-)

Kathy G on 2/01/03 at 08:56 (107602)

That's great news, Caryn. About the disability, I mean. One less worry for you. I wish you speedy recovery with the shoulder. Stories like yours are the kind I cite when people insist that if the US adopted the Canadian form of healthcare, we'd be in much better shape.

If anyone ever comes up with a good healthcare model, I hope we hold that person in the same esteem as we do Einstein!

Suzanne D on 1/31/03 at 12:29 (107483)

GOod for you, Caryn! I am glad you received disability and wish you a good recovery from your recent surgery.

Suzanne :-)

Kathy G on 2/01/03 at 08:56 (107602)

That's great news, Caryn. About the disability, I mean. One less worry for you. I wish you speedy recovery with the shoulder. Stories like yours are the kind I cite when people insist that if the US adopted the Canadian form of healthcare, we'd be in much better shape.

If anyone ever comes up with a good healthcare model, I hope we hold that person in the same esteem as we do Einstein!