Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New to this MB, this is my experience with PF...

Posted by DebR on 2/01/03 at 22:43 (107679)

I realize all people are different, some thing might work for one, and not another. I just wanted to share what I went through in the hopes that it might help someone who is suffering like I did.

Over two years ago my right heel started hurting, I of course didn't go to the Dr. thinking I could deal with this. I did exercises stretching the calves and hamstrings, I used foot baths, hot and cold compresses , motrin, searched the internet for any idea to try. I was getting worse, I got to the point where both heels were hurting, still, I was stubborn and did not go to the Dr. I spent plenty on insoles, gel, arch supports, they helped but only temporarily.

My feet got to the point that I literally could not walk! I hurt so bad, that I felt it would be easier to crawl than to have to walk . Finally, about ten months ago I broke down and went to see a Podiatrist. He showed me how to exercise every morning when I get out of bed. He told me to not go barefooted. He also x-rayed my feet and showed me the bone spurs. He took measurements of my feet and recommended orthotics. I was very skeptical at first. When I got them I put them in my shoes and had to gradually get used to them . It took a while but I can now wear any kind of shoe. I still wear my orthotics, but not all the time. I am totally pain free, for the first time in many months. The orthotics were made of plastic with a soft covering where the foot touches, they worked for me. I hope if there is anyone who is suffering and like me, to stubborn to see a Podiatrist, please just go, and maybe he can help you.

Deb

Re: let me be the first to thank you for taking the time to share

kiml on 2/04/03 at 22:39 (108030)

your story here. I know that it helped those who lurk here but don't post, like me. thanks

Re: let me be the first to thank you for taking the time to share

kiml on 2/04/03 at 22:39 (108030)

your story here. I know that it helped those who lurk here but don't post, like me. thanks