Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

constant pain on the ball of my foot

Posted by Ashley F. on 2/03/03 at 13:36 (107821)

Thank you so much for considering my situation. Last November I developed a sore on the ball of my foot. I figured it was a simple callus and would go away, it didn't, infact it became infected. I was given antibiotic and the infection ceased. The sore still remains. I thought it was a callus but am questionable because it is not surfaced, it seems to have grown upward into my foot and is extremly tender, even to the touch. I went to a podiatrist and he diagnosed it as a callus related to the fact that I have a flat foot. What do you suggest for pain relief and what do you think it could be? could it be something other than a callus? I am currently soaking it with Epson salt and using one of those foot shavers.
Thank you again
AF

Re: constant pain on the ball of my foot

Dr. Z on 2/03/03 at 19:27 (107857)

Hi,

It could be a wart, porokeratic growth ( plugged sweat duct). It could also be a plantarflexed metatarsal bone which is pressing on the area . Before treatment you a diagnosis for your problem

Re: constant pain on the ball of my foot

Dr. Z on 2/03/03 at 19:27 (107857)

Hi,

It could be a wart, porokeratic growth ( plugged sweat duct). It could also be a plantarflexed metatarsal bone which is pressing on the area . Before treatment you a diagnosis for your problem