Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Life after plantar rupture

Posted by Debra H. on 2/03/03 at 22:19 (107879)

I had PF for about 8 years that started after a fracture of my anterolateral calcaneous. I have tried numerous home remedies including stretching, activity modification, NSAIDS, orthotics etc. I finally went to a podiatrist and tried physical therapy (stretching, activity modification, iontophoresis), new orthotics, steroid injections (2), etc. About 4 months after formal treatment, my plantar fascia ruptured. My doctor told me this would solve all my problems. It has been a few months and I'm still having intense pain on the lateral side of my foot as well as the metatarsal region and arch. Pain also radiates into my achilles tendon. In addition, my ankle and knee hurt as well. It feels like my foot has flattened out. It is swollen most of the time. Any weight bearing exacerbates the symptoms. Any suggestions to improve foot pain after a plantar fascia rupture? Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thank you

Re: Life after plantar rupture

Dr. Z on 2/03/03 at 23:03 (107884)

Many doctors thinks that this will cure your plantar fasciitis. There is
an article on this web site which talks about chronic pain following rupture of the pf. This was all due to a local steriod injection. Anyway treatment should consist of physical therapy, casting . This can lead to permanent pain if not treated

Debra H. on 2/04/03 at 10:41 (107921)

I have looked and can't find the article on chronic pain following rupture of the pf. Can you direct me? Also, do you think a Medrol Dose Pack would help with my symptoms?

Dr. Z on 2/03/03 at 23:03 (107884)

Many doctors thinks that this will cure your plantar fasciitis. There is
an article on this web site which talks about chronic pain following rupture of the pf. This was all due to a local steriod injection. Anyway treatment should consist of physical therapy, casting . This can lead to permanent pain if not treated

Debra H. on 2/04/03 at 10:41 (107921)

I have looked and can't find the article on chronic pain following rupture of the pf. Can you direct me? Also, do you think a Medrol Dose Pack would help with my symptoms?