Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to suzanne k

Posted by nancy s. on 2/03/03 at 23:18 (107888)

suzanne, do i remember you from two or two and a half years ago here?? are you a teacher, with pf? if you're the suzanne i remember, how are you doing? (or even if not!)

nancy

Re: to suzanne k

SuzanneK on 2/04/03 at 23:03 (108032)

Yep, Nancy, that's me. I had surgery (2/3 pf release)in June of 2000. At that time, ESWT was not an option for me financially. The surgery went well, and I consider myself a success story. I have a very good pod who has given me excellent advice and care. I know I will never be 100%, but by being proactive and stretching regulary, changing shoes often (always Birks,) and using naproxen, I function quite well.

I am convinced my pf was stress related. My dad died right before my pf presented, and that was a really tough school year as well - had a VERY difficult class. I started having symptoms in my other foot while completing a masters degree - again, very stressful. Fortunately, I knew what to do before I got to the debilitating stage and have managed to keep that under control.

I'm through with the masters and am having quite a good year. I do check in here routinely to keep up with the latest.

Thanks for asking!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/05/03 at 07:16 (108054)

That's very interesting about your PF being stress related. I got my PF on September 22, 2001. Like many of us I was experiencing a lot of stress due to the events of September 11th, and having to fly to Hawaii right after the disasters didn't help one bit. I don't know if the stress contributed directly to my PF, but probably if I had not been so stressed I would have not overdone it so much on my new exercise bike.

Congratulations on completing your Master's degree! It's not easy to stick to a goal and to see it through despite things becoming extremely stressful.

Carole C

nancy s. on 2/05/03 at 08:28 (108066)

it's nice to hear from you, suzanne! i'm so glad your surgery went well and you've gotten on with your life and are having a good year. i'm not 100% either, but after the worst of it, it's easy to be grateful for managing to do most things we want and need to do, isn't it?

thanks for posting back, and take care.

nancy

SuzanneK on 2/04/03 at 23:03 (108032)

Yep, Nancy, that's me. I had surgery (2/3 pf release)in June of 2000. At that time, ESWT was not an option for me financially. The surgery went well, and I consider myself a success story. I have a very good pod who has given me excellent advice and care. I know I will never be 100%, but by being proactive and stretching regulary, changing shoes often (always Birks,) and using naproxen, I function quite well.

I am convinced my pf was stress related. My dad died right before my pf presented, and that was a really tough school year as well - had a VERY difficult class. I started having symptoms in my other foot while completing a masters degree - again, very stressful. Fortunately, I knew what to do before I got to the debilitating stage and have managed to keep that under control.

I'm through with the masters and am having quite a good year. I do check in here routinely to keep up with the latest.

Thanks for asking!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/05/03 at 07:16 (108054)

That's very interesting about your PF being stress related. I got my PF on September 22, 2001. Like many of us I was experiencing a lot of stress due to the events of September 11th, and having to fly to Hawaii right after the disasters didn't help one bit. I don't know if the stress contributed directly to my PF, but probably if I had not been so stressed I would have not overdone it so much on my new exercise bike.

Congratulations on completing your Master's degree! It's not easy to stick to a goal and to see it through despite things becoming extremely stressful.

Carole C

nancy s. on 2/05/03 at 08:28 (108066)

it's nice to hear from you, suzanne! i'm so glad your surgery went well and you've gotten on with your life and are having a good year. i'm not 100% either, but after the worst of it, it's easy to be grateful for managing to do most things we want and need to do, isn't it?

thanks for posting back, and take care.

nancy