Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantars Fascitis and tingling muscle spasm sensations

Posted by Rosemary M on 2/04/03 at 11:07 (107925)

I have been diagnosed with plantars fascities in both feet, possible tarsul tunnel in one. I have been experiencing tingling sensations in the feet and lower part of the legs (below knee), often when laying down and at times when sitting. Also feel muscle movements (spasms?) in the lower leg. These feelings occur when I have pain in the feet and also when I do not. Is this common for those suffering from these ailments, or is it perhaps due to something else?

Re: Plantars Fascitis and tingling muscle spasm sensations

Dr. Zuckerrman on 2/04/03 at 11:24 (107926)

Hi

This could be part of the plantar fasciitis syndrome. You did mention TTS
that could also cause tingling in the bottom of your feet. IF it is determined that this is due to the plantar fasciitis snydrome then physical therapy could help to relieve this and strengthen your lower leg muscles.

Re: Plantars Fascitis and tingling muscle spasm sensations

Dr. Zuckerrman on 2/04/03 at 11:24 (107926)

Hi

This could be part of the plantar fasciitis syndrome. You did mention TTS
that could also cause tingling in the bottom of your feet. IF it is determined that this is due to the plantar fasciitis snydrome then physical therapy could help to relieve this and strengthen your lower leg muscles.