Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bunyun surgery?

Posted by Deirdre on 2/04/03 at 11:26 (107927)

Is there any bunyun sugery to take the pain away(the nerve is being pushed on, on the sides of my feet)where I won't have to be immoble for like 6 months. Something for now until I have the time and help for complete sugery. I can't wear my shoes, I can't be down for six months, and I can't live with the pain. Suggestions?

Re: Bunyun surgery?

Dr. Z on 2/04/03 at 11:43 (107930)

Why do you think you will be off your feet for six months with bunion foot surgery ? Most bunion surgery is ambulatory meaning you are in a post-op shoe but you are walking. Even it you need a pin you will be up and walking within a week so long as you wear a post-op surgical shoe. It is very difficult to determine another type of treatment without seeing your foot and x-ray. Sometimes local alcohol injections mixed with a local anesthetic can reduce the pain.

Re: Bunyun surgery?

Dr. Z on 2/04/03 at 11:43 (107930)

Why do you think you will be off your feet for six months with bunion foot surgery ? Most bunion surgery is ambulatory meaning you are in a post-op shoe but you are walking. Even it you need a pin you will be up and walking within a week so long as you wear a post-op surgical shoe. It is very difficult to determine another type of treatment without seeing your foot and x-ray. Sometimes local alcohol injections mixed with a local anesthetic can reduce the pain.