Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Luck to Dave R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Barb C on 2/04/03 at 18:32 (108005)

Just a reminder to evryone here, that Dave will be having open release surgery on Friday. Let's all cross our fingers (and toes) and remember him in our prayers for a sucessful surgery and speedy recovery!

Re: Good Luck to Dave R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave r on 2/05/03 at 07:33 (108057)

Barb, you are awesome! I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was a bit anxious! thanks for thinking of me!

BrianJ on 2/05/03 at 08:44 (108070)

Dave --

Good luck! I know you have done your homework before deciding to have this surgery, and I hope it provides a great deal of improvement. PLEASE take plenty of time to rest and heal after the surgery.

dave r on 2/05/03 at 12:13 (108090)

brian, i have the next 6 weeks to wheel myself around the house. I can gaurantee you that i will do everything that i think is right. I dont plan on doing any walking or standing in the shower for the first two months. My girlfriend will have to step it up a notch. We have alot of animals at the house that i wont be much good to. Maybe i can get Carmen to pop over and help with the dogs. maybe my friend Mar will pick me up on her scooter!
Seriously, i plan on taking it easy for 4 months. I dont do any walking now. Just to go to the bathroom and once inawhile to go to the store. i will keep all updated while i am away from work........Thanks for the kind words Brian

Mar on 2/05/03 at 12:48 (108093)

Dave -

I have been thinking about you all week and will email you tonight or tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck with the surgery - a speedy and full recovery. It must feel so good to be doing something that will hopefully take away your pain. My scooter and I wish you the very best! And only go to the store WITH YOUR WHEEL CHAIR!! Mar

nancy s. on 2/05/03 at 15:23 (108103)

dave, i just want to add my good wishes to those of the others here for a great surgery result for you. yours is a very pleasant voice on these boards, and i wish you all the luck in the world during your surgery and recovery. you sound like you're planning your recuperation very wisely!

nancy

BrianJ on 2/05/03 at 21:03 (108145)

Dave --

Would you please post an update each month post-surgery?

Bev N on 2/08/03 at 15:10 (108487)

Dave, Yes , please keep us all posted on your progress. I have not heard, did you do ESWT first or not? Thanks, Bev

dave r on 2/10/03 at 14:42 (108707)

Yes Bev, i had eswt twice.

dave r on 2/05/03 at 07:33 (108057)

Barb, you are awesome! I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was a bit anxious! thanks for thinking of me!

BrianJ on 2/05/03 at 08:44 (108070)

Dave --

Good luck! I know you have done your homework before deciding to have this surgery, and I hope it provides a great deal of improvement. PLEASE take plenty of time to rest and heal after the surgery.

dave r on 2/05/03 at 12:13 (108090)

brian, i have the next 6 weeks to wheel myself around the house. I can gaurantee you that i will do everything that i think is right. I dont plan on doing any walking or standing in the shower for the first two months. My girlfriend will have to step it up a notch. We have alot of animals at the house that i wont be much good to. Maybe i can get Carmen to pop over and help with the dogs. maybe my friend Mar will pick me up on her scooter!
Seriously, i plan on taking it easy for 4 months. I dont do any walking now. Just to go to the bathroom and once inawhile to go to the store. i will keep all updated while i am away from work........Thanks for the kind words Brian

Mar on 2/05/03 at 12:48 (108093)

Dave -

I have been thinking about you all week and will email you tonight or tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck with the surgery - a speedy and full recovery. It must feel so good to be doing something that will hopefully take away your pain. My scooter and I wish you the very best! And only go to the store WITH YOUR WHEEL CHAIR!! Mar

nancy s. on 2/05/03 at 15:23 (108103)

dave, i just want to add my good wishes to those of the others here for a great surgery result for you. yours is a very pleasant voice on these boards, and i wish you all the luck in the world during your surgery and recovery. you sound like you're planning your recuperation very wisely!

nancy

BrianJ on 2/05/03 at 21:03 (108145)

Dave --

Would you please post an update each month post-surgery?

Bev N on 2/08/03 at 15:10 (108487)

Dave, Yes , please keep us all posted on your progress. I have not heard, did you do ESWT first or not? Thanks, Bev

dave r on 2/10/03 at 14:42 (108707)

Yes Bev, i had eswt twice.

Rose M. on 2/13/03 at 11:13 (109047)

I wish you the very best. I also am having the release surgery in about a month plus surgery on the other foot at the same time for a neuroma. I welcome comments. Take care and keep us posted. Rose