Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please give advise about about treatments

Posted by #27743;#26126;#26575; on 2/06/03 at 01:16 (108160)

Plantar Fasciitis
Hollow everybody!
I really need some advice about Plantar Fasciitis.
My mother feels uncomfortable due to Plantar Fasciitis since seven months ago.I don't know why my mother has Plantar Fasciitis. My mother herself believes that she climbed too many ladders during several journeys in mainland China in past Years. Doctor thinks her situation is not so bad--she doesn't have a calcaneal spur--, so she doesn't need an operation for recovering her foots. Besides, he wants my mother to apply warm water on her foots. (About the suggestion, I am so confused. Most websites and articles indicate to apply 'ice' not 'warm water', which one is true?)

There are some questions I want to ask,

1. Plantar Fasciitis has any relation with Climacteric?

2. I know the most important part of recovery is to rest. The one who has Plantar Fasciitis can not jog and walk too far, but how about walking a short distance? (For example , the distance from home to supermarket or local store. ) My mother always wants to lose some weight, even though she is not so fat--she is about 162 cm., 133 pounds.

3. How to Stretch the calf muscles? I know that was already discussed in this website, but what I need is some illustrations (Sorry, please forgive my poor English, I am Chinese, English is not my mother tongue. These articles sometimes are not easy to understand.)

4. My mother's doctor didn't tell us How long will it take her to recover, I want to know how long?

I will very appreciate if somebody can answer my questions or give advises. That will be lovely.
You can mail to the email address, too.
(email removed)

Whatever who you are , I thank you very much for your help.

Re: Re Attention Scott Roberts

Dr. Z on 2/07/03 at 01:55 (108300)

Do you have the ability to translate heel pain book into Chinese?

Re: I have always wondered.......

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/07/03 at 20:12 (108409)

Scott, Dr. Z:

I have always wondered how well translation softwear works. Check out:
http://www.systransoft.com
Ed

Re: Re Attention Scott Roberts

Dr. Z on 2/07/03 at 01:55 (108300)

Do you have the ability to translate heel pain book into Chinese?

Re: I have always wondered.......

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/07/03 at 20:12 (108409)

Scott, Dr. Z:

I have always wondered how well translation softwear works. Check out:
http://www.systransoft.com
Ed