Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock web site

Posted by scott on 2/06/03 at 07:39 (108176)

Hi a while ago i saw a birk web site here and it was a european site and the shoes were much cheaper any one know the site address?? i cant seem to find it

thanks

im looking for a thong style shoe called the Medina its a mens version of the Gizeha. the lady at teh store asssured me that the gizeah is unisex but i felt like it looked a bit feminie on my foot. after a bad foot frature i really cant wear shoes , i need the thong type, but flip flops have no support. im told the medina is not available in U.S. but is in germany etc.. any one wear the gizeha??? think it looks ok for men?/ thanks

Re: Birkenstock web site

Julie on 2/06/03 at 08:14 (108181)

Scott

Here's the link to the German Birkenstock site:

http://www.birkenstock-cn.com

I'd advise you to email them before ordering, though: more than one person has had trouble recently with orders not coming through, failure to respond to emails, etc. It has been a useful site in the past, though: I have several pairs of Arizonas that I obtained from them at about half shop price.

Be sure before ordering that you know your size. If you haven't already done this, go to a shop that stocks Birks, and be correctly fitted.

And remember that you need to break them in slowly.

john h on 2/06/03 at 09:49 (108190)

The German site now offers free shipping. It is very slow but I saved approximately one-half the cost of same shoe in the U.S. Using the free shipping it takes from 8-12 weeks to arrive. It took my shipmnet 8 weeks.

john h on 2/06/03 at 09:54 (108193)

Scott: I just purchased the Maderia on the German site @ $90 with free shipping and no taxes. My local store were $160 plus 6% sales tax.

Peter F on 2/06/03 at 13:14 (108221)

has anybody bought any birks shoes /walking shoes that have exactly the same footbed and deep heel cup as the Arizonas?-that would be perfect but the web sites never show you the INSIDE view of their shoes

Julie on 2/06/03 at 16:28 (108249)

Peter, if you email the German Birkenstock site with your question (and if they reply - as I said earlier, there were problems for a while) they will be able to tell you. They know their stuff, and I have found them very helpful in the past.

Suzanne D on 2/06/03 at 21:34 (108289)

Today I received from Germany a pair of Annapolis Birks. I paid the shipping for the 10-15 day delivery as I needed them for a special event. They came within that time frame, and the price, with shipping, was still $50 cheaper than in the U.S. Also, I was able to get the shoes in a camel color - one not available in the catalogs, stores, or internet here.

Suzanne :-)

Suzanne D on 2/06/03 at 21:41 (108292)

If you visit the Birkenstock Express site at

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/

and scroll down to the bottom of the main page, you can click on 'contact us' and then on the screen that takes you to, you can click on 'e-mail us'. I have found the people at that site to be quite helpful in answering questions.

I sent the removable insoles to them to have some postings added in the arch area and to have the soft footbed padding added. We wrote back and forth several times before I mailed my insoles to them to have the work done. After receiving them, I e-mailed to thank them for their work and also asked if they could tell me in what other shoes these insoles would fit. They replied with a list of shoes which would work.

Good luck to you!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/06/03 at 22:05 (108295)

Wow! They sound beautiful, Suzanne. What a bargain. :)

Carole C

Julie on 2/07/03 at 04:09 (108302)

Thanks, Suzanne. It's good to hear the German site is back to full efficiency. Enjoy your shoes!

Suzanne D on 2/07/03 at 07:26 (108310)

Yes, Carole, I am so pleased with them. After spending extra money to get the removable insoles of my black Annapolis shoes 'remodeled', it is good to be able to use them in another pair of shoes as well. I really do like the camel color.

There is a bridal shower being given by a friend for my daughter a week from Saturday with some people invited whom I have not seen in a few years. I know there will be lots more things to look at and think about than my shoes, but still I am happy to have them to wear for that ocassion!

Suzanne D on 2/07/03 at 07:29 (108311)

Thanks, Julie! I was a little wary about ordering since I had read of some problems with delays, but I thought I would take the chance. The internet site mentioned having been updated to try to give better service, and in my case, I found everything to be right on target.

Julie on 2/06/03 at 08:14 (108181)

Scott

Here's the link to the German Birkenstock site:

http://www.birkenstock-cn.com

I'd advise you to email them before ordering, though: more than one person has had trouble recently with orders not coming through, failure to respond to emails, etc. It has been a useful site in the past, though: I have several pairs of Arizonas that I obtained from them at about half shop price.

Be sure before ordering that you know your size. If you haven't already done this, go to a shop that stocks Birks, and be correctly fitted.

And remember that you need to break them in slowly.

john h on 2/06/03 at 09:49 (108190)

The German site now offers free shipping. It is very slow but I saved approximately one-half the cost of same shoe in the U.S. Using the free shipping it takes from 8-12 weeks to arrive. It took my shipmnet 8 weeks.

john h on 2/06/03 at 09:54 (108193)

Scott: I just purchased the Maderia on the German site @ $90 with free shipping and no taxes. My local store were $160 plus 6% sales tax.

Peter F on 2/06/03 at 13:14 (108221)

has anybody bought any birks shoes /walking shoes that have exactly the same footbed and deep heel cup as the Arizonas?-that would be perfect but the web sites never show you the INSIDE view of their shoes

Julie on 2/06/03 at 16:28 (108249)

Peter, if you email the German Birkenstock site with your question (and if they reply - as I said earlier, there were problems for a while) they will be able to tell you. They know their stuff, and I have found them very helpful in the past.

Suzanne D on 2/06/03 at 21:34 (108289)

Today I received from Germany a pair of Annapolis Birks. I paid the shipping for the 10-15 day delivery as I needed them for a special event. They came within that time frame, and the price, with shipping, was still $50 cheaper than in the U.S. Also, I was able to get the shoes in a camel color - one not available in the catalogs, stores, or internet here.

Suzanne D on 2/06/03 at 21:41 (108292)

If you visit the Birkenstock Express site at

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/

and scroll down to the bottom of the main page, you can click on 'contact us' and then on the screen that takes you to, you can click on 'e-mail us'. I have found the people at that site to be quite helpful in answering questions.

I sent the removable insoles to them to have some postings added in the arch area and to have the soft footbed padding added. We wrote back and forth several times before I mailed my insoles to them to have the work done. After receiving them, I e-mailed to thank them for their work and also asked if they could tell me in what other shoes these insoles would fit. They replied with a list of shoes which would work.

Good luck to you!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/06/03 at 22:05 (108295)

Wow! They sound beautiful, Suzanne. What a bargain. :)

Carole C

Julie on 2/07/03 at 04:09 (108302)

Thanks, Suzanne. It's good to hear the German site is back to full efficiency. Enjoy your shoes!

Suzanne D on 2/07/03 at 07:26 (108310)

Yes, Carole, I am so pleased with them. After spending extra money to get the removable insoles of my black Annapolis shoes 'remodeled', it is good to be able to use them in another pair of shoes as well. I really do like the camel color.

There is a bridal shower being given by a friend for my daughter a week from Saturday with some people invited whom I have not seen in a few years. I know there will be lots more things to look at and think about than my shoes, but still I am happy to have them to wear for that ocassion!

Suzanne D on 2/07/03 at 07:29 (108311)

Thanks, Julie! I was a little wary about ordering since I had read of some problems with delays, but I thought I would take the chance. The internet site mentioned having been updated to try to give better service, and in my case, I found everything to be right on target.