Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Electronic stimulation with Acuscope

Posted by BrianJ on 2/06/03 at 16:12 (108246)

Lynn H mentioned that she derived considerable relief from treatment with the 'Acuscope,' which uses electronic stimulation to treat a variety of acute and chronic pain. I would like to hear more detail from Lynn, and comments from any patients or doctors who have tried this therapy. How often are treatments given? Is it covered by insurance? Does the pain come back after each session, or is there eventually long-term relief? What percentage of PF sufferers get relief?

Any comments are welcome.

Re: Electronic stimulation with Acuscope

SteveG on 2/07/03 at 11:32 (108342)

I, too, thought this was an interesting post. Most of the information I saw on the web was related to treating animals (horses). However, I did find this overview - http://www.catalinadoc.com/acuscope_myo.html

I would also like to hear from anyone who might have some experience with this type of treament

Rae S. on 2/07/03 at 18:16 (108389)

I checked out that site and it claimed that it was different from T.E.N.S. When I read about the use of it in the treatment of animals however they claimed it was a form of T.E.N.S. (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). That's a little confusing to me. What would make it different for us, it's called the same thing in both cases. I think it sounds similar to what they might use in physical therapy for pain relief called E-Stem. I liked that but as soon as I told them it was taking away some of the tingling dead sensation they quit using it. Needless to say my foot or dead stump as I like to refer to it is the same and a year has already passed. If anyone knows if E-Stem is the same as this Accuscope drop a message because it might be that they just needed to do more treatments.

Bev N on 2/07/03 at 20:55 (108417)

Yes , please info on the E-Stem and the Accuscope if anyone out there in PF land has the information. Thanks, Bev

SteveG on 2/07/03 at 11:32 (108342)

I, too, thought this was an interesting post. Most of the information I saw on the web was related to treating animals (horses). However, I did find this overview - http://www.catalinadoc.com/acuscope_myo.html

I would also like to hear from anyone who might have some experience with this type of treament

Rae S. on 2/07/03 at 18:16 (108389)

I checked out that site and it claimed that it was different from T.E.N.S. When I read about the use of it in the treatment of animals however they claimed it was a form of T.E.N.S. (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). That's a little confusing to me. What would make it different for us, it's called the same thing in both cases. I think it sounds similar to what they might use in physical therapy for pain relief called E-Stem. I liked that but as soon as I told them it was taking away some of the tingling dead sensation they quit using it. Needless to say my foot or dead stump as I like to refer to it is the same and a year has already passed. If anyone knows if E-Stem is the same as this Accuscope drop a message because it might be that they just needed to do more treatments.

Bev N on 2/07/03 at 20:55 (108417)

Yes , please info on the E-Stem and the Accuscope if anyone out there in PF land has the information. Thanks, Bev