Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

interview with Jackson

Posted by Bob R on 2/07/03 at 16:49 (108386)

The main responsibility of a parent is to protect your children. To allow your children to 'sleep with the freak' for the purpose of some form of gain is reprehensible ---period.

Re: interview with Jackson

Leon S. on 2/07/03 at 19:42 (108399)

The problem is that Michael Jackson doesn't know how to be a parent. He is absolutely the saddest person on earth. He never had a real childhood and his immense wealth enables him to regress into this makebelieve land that he created for himself as a substitue for relating to adults. He is in fact an idiot savant. He is blessed with incredible talent (if that's what you like) but never progressed beyond emotional childhood. As sick as it appears, I am convinced that he never abused the kids that he was with. He wouldn't know how. It's just so incredibly sad that parents allow their kids to be with him.

pala on 2/07/03 at 21:02 (108419)

well put leon the whole thing is sad. but with all the money and the nannies i would guess his children will have better lives than the average child in an impoverished environment. there are lots of homeless kids in u.s. i live in a ghetto and the kids do not have an easy life here. my guess is that his twelve year old friend in a cancer remission might have benifitted from the attention of such a super star. it really is like royalty buying friends and families of friends. it is weird. but weird is not illegal. on the other hand, do any of the super rich have real friends? plenty of rich guys and their trophy wives. do the wives love them, like them? his might not be such an uncommon situation among the very wealthy.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/08/03 at 08:49 (108447)

I would rather have a more meek and humble life where my parents love me and just make it paycheck by paycheck...rather than be brought up by nannies and a loveless environment surrounded by tons of money, as well as no true friends that care about you for who you are...not by who's kid you are.

You know...thats what I am doing now. ;-)
Richard, C.Ped

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 09:15 (108450)

There's a whole lot more to life than money. As long as a child has the physical necessities (like food and shelter), I really think the most important things a family can give him or her are things like love, stability, values, respect, discipline, encouragement, and caring guidance.

A child can get all of this in a rich family as well as in a poor family but sometimes it just doesn't happen that way. It really didn't in my family although I did get an extra heavy dose of values and discipline that hopefully made up for some of the rest.

Richard, if you have any kids then I think they are so lucky. :)

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 2/08/03 at 13:10 (108478)

Thanx carol...that means alot. I have one daughter..who is 19 months old.
Richard

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 13:45 (108483)

I'll bet she's a real sweetie pie. I think that is one of the neatest ages (though perhaps one of the most tiring for the person taking care of them). Kids that age are so curious about the world and want to explore everything! The inquisitive minds of these little explorers can be such a delight and can renew a parent's own love of the world around us.

Carole C

Leon S. on 2/08/03 at 16:36 (108494)

You know what, Pala? I don't necessarily agree that his kids will be better off than the average impoverished child. Remember, they wear masks in public, are constantly surrounded by 'protectors' and live in bizarre surroundings with a very sad 'freakshow' as a father.The ghetto kids at least learn street smarts and if they have any kind of guidance can overcome their surroundings. The 12 yr old, if he went into remission, would have done so with or without his 'friendship' with MJ. My untrained feeling about this case is that most other people who had the misfortune to suffer childhood abuse the way MJ did, who did not end up with the resources that he did, would eventually learn to deal with it in a healthier way because they would actually have to get out and get real jobs and deal with day to day life which would, in some way, enable them to put some of the problems behind them. It sounds simplistic and if I'm wrong, someone who has studied psychology correct me, but that's the way I look at it.

wendyn on 2/08/03 at 17:16 (108497)

All the money in the world will never buy those kids a normal life.

They aren't allowed out without masks or scarves on their heads - and despite the fact that they were literally mobbed during their trip to the zoo - their dad continued on as if it was nothing (the kids would have to have been terrified).

Lots of kids grow up with hand me downs and second hand bikes, and they can't have lots of the things that they want. I'd be willing to bet that they'll grow up a lot better off than kids that have the kind of life that Jacko is giving his.

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 17:52 (108499)

So maybe this is a stupid question (I did not see the interview), but is there an actual reason for the whole mask/scarf thing, or just an MJ reason? I noticed the scarf in the brief footage I did see of the hanging-the-kid-over-the-balcony thing in Berlin.

How easy is it to grow up at all normally when your name is Prince Michael I or II? I hope they have more reasonable nicknames. Someone also told me that the kids are white? How is that possible if he's the father? I know he's been denying his ethnicity for years, but surely he still has DNA that would 'show' if he really fathered children?

Like I said, I don't know much, if anything, about the whole thing, but that did catch my attention.

pala on 2/08/03 at 18:06 (108502)

i live in a ghetto leon. so i see what poverty does to kids. so i disagree. i think masks, helmets, tu tus, swan outfits, feathers, capes, noodles hanging from their ears , arms painted purple and an admittadly freak show father would be far far better than what these kids in my 'hood are up against.

pala on 2/08/03 at 18:31 (108505)

to avoid kidnappers i guess

pala on 2/08/03 at 18:38 (108506)

well the point i;m trying to make is there are million of kids in america in very dangerous surroundings and in extremely horrible lives due to poverty . so before we jump all over jackson as i'm hearing on tv. like child services should take a look, there are millions of kids in great and immediate danger of almost every kind that no one is concerned about at all. ( that is the worst grammar in a sentence ever! child services should investigate my public school and arrest the former staff)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 18:55 (108512)

They asked him why he covered his children's faces when he takes them out in public, and he said it was to protect them from the paparazzi (sp?) when he wasn't with them. One of them had light blonde hair sticking out from behind the mask, and he was asked whether or not their mother was white. He said she is not. Again, the interviewer really didn't get anywhere with him, any more than he did concerning the plastic surgery.

Carole C

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 19:05 (108515)

OK, now I am really confused. I saw something on the news yesterday that showed a blonde white woman who was said to be his ex-wife. She was saying that it was ridiculous to say that he would not be a good father, etc. But if she's his ex-wife, and any of the kids are hers, well... wouldn't that explain the blond hair?

Did he let them show the kids' faces during the interview?

Re: interesting article about Jackson

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 19:14 (108517)

I've never seen her. He said she isn't white... but if she's white enough for blonde hair, that would explain it all right! Maybe it's a matter of how he defines white.

I just found an article that takes Jackson's side of things, and I think it makes a lot of sense according to what I saw in the interviews:

http://www.observer.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,891935,00.html

Carole C

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 19:17 (108519)

Well, if she wasn't white, then I am Mahatma Gandhi. She was at least as white as I am, and you can't get much pastier than me.

Go figure.

marie e on 2/08/03 at 19:34 (108520)

I tend to think of MJ as a misunderstood artist. I think that masks are just for fun. He is playing with our minds and it's working. I am sure that he gets a chuckle out of it. One of my husbands freinds from HS is a very good freind of Michael Jackson. He has told us he is one of the nicest celebrities he has ever befreinded. A truely kind person. Of course he is a bit of an different....he's an artist in the midst of what we consider to be normal. HMMMM an INDIVIDUAL.

marie

pala on 2/08/03 at 19:39 (108521)

he does seem very sensitive and kind and weird and easily hurt. that's reason enuf for people to want to constantly kick him.

Sharon W on 2/08/03 at 20:45 (108524)

Actually, I don't think Jackson meant to say that his ex-wife, the former nurse of his dermatologist, wasn't white. Bashir had kind of asked about both mothers at once. He did say that the mother of the baby, Prince Michael 2 (blanket), was not white... and that she was a surrogate mother who had agreed to carry a child for him (probably, I would imagine, in exchange for a hefty FEE...)

Sharon

Leon S. on 2/09/03 at 18:41 (108625)

Well, at least you spelled it right.

JudyS on 2/09/03 at 21:41 (108639)

Hey Richard - if it helps any, I totally love you for who you are! Especially because who you are helps us poor, foot-weary types! :)

Richard, C.Ped on 2/10/03 at 10:08 (108668)

Thanx Judy...that was too kind. If I had a check to put in the mail....it would be on its way. LOL
Richard

Leon S. on 2/07/03 at 19:42 (108399)

The problem is that Michael Jackson doesn't know how to be a parent. He is absolutely the saddest person on earth. He never had a real childhood and his immense wealth enables him to regress into this makebelieve land that he created for himself as a substitue for relating to adults. He is in fact an idiot savant. He is blessed with incredible talent (if that's what you like) but never progressed beyond emotional childhood. As sick as it appears, I am convinced that he never abused the kids that he was with. He wouldn't know how. It's just so incredibly sad that parents allow their kids to be with him.

pala on 2/07/03 at 21:02 (108419)

well put leon the whole thing is sad. but with all the money and the nannies i would guess his children will have better lives than the average child in an impoverished environment. there are lots of homeless kids in u.s. i live in a ghetto and the kids do not have an easy life here. my guess is that his twelve year old friend in a cancer remission might have benifitted from the attention of such a super star. it really is like royalty buying friends and families of friends. it is weird. but weird is not illegal. on the other hand, do any of the super rich have real friends? plenty of rich guys and their trophy wives. do the wives love them, like them? his might not be such an uncommon situation among the very wealthy.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/08/03 at 08:49 (108447)

I would rather have a more meek and humble life where my parents love me and just make it paycheck by paycheck...rather than be brought up by nannies and a loveless environment surrounded by tons of money, as well as no true friends that care about you for who you are...not by who's kid you are.

You know...thats what I am doing now. ;-)
Richard, C.Ped

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 09:15 (108450)

There's a whole lot more to life than money. As long as a child has the physical necessities (like food and shelter), I really think the most important things a family can give him or her are things like love, stability, values, respect, discipline, encouragement, and caring guidance.

A child can get all of this in a rich family as well as in a poor family but sometimes it just doesn't happen that way. It really didn't in my family although I did get an extra heavy dose of values and discipline that hopefully made up for some of the rest.

Richard, if you have any kids then I think they are so lucky. :)

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 2/08/03 at 13:10 (108478)

Thanx carol...that means alot. I have one daughter..who is 19 months old.
Richard

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 13:45 (108483)

I'll bet she's a real sweetie pie. I think that is one of the neatest ages (though perhaps one of the most tiring for the person taking care of them). Kids that age are so curious about the world and want to explore everything! The inquisitive minds of these little explorers can be such a delight and can renew a parent's own love of the world around us.

Carole C

Leon S. on 2/08/03 at 16:36 (108494)

You know what, Pala? I don't necessarily agree that his kids will be better off than the average impoverished child. Remember, they wear masks in public, are constantly surrounded by 'protectors' and live in bizarre surroundings with a very sad 'freakshow' as a father.The ghetto kids at least learn street smarts and if they have any kind of guidance can overcome their surroundings. The 12 yr old, if he went into remission, would have done so with or without his 'friendship' with MJ. My untrained feeling about this case is that most other people who had the misfortune to suffer childhood abuse the way MJ did, who did not end up with the resources that he did, would eventually learn to deal with it in a healthier way because they would actually have to get out and get real jobs and deal with day to day life which would, in some way, enable them to put some of the problems behind them. It sounds simplistic and if I'm wrong, someone who has studied psychology correct me, but that's the way I look at it.

wendyn on 2/08/03 at 17:16 (108497)

All the money in the world will never buy those kids a normal life.

They aren't allowed out without masks or scarves on their heads - and despite the fact that they were literally mobbed during their trip to the zoo - their dad continued on as if it was nothing (the kids would have to have been terrified).

Lots of kids grow up with hand me downs and second hand bikes, and they can't have lots of the things that they want. I'd be willing to bet that they'll grow up a lot better off than kids that have the kind of life that Jacko is giving his.

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 17:52 (108499)

So maybe this is a stupid question (I did not see the interview), but is there an actual reason for the whole mask/scarf thing, or just an MJ reason? I noticed the scarf in the brief footage I did see of the hanging-the-kid-over-the-balcony thing in Berlin.

How easy is it to grow up at all normally when your name is Prince Michael I or II? I hope they have more reasonable nicknames. Someone also told me that the kids are white? How is that possible if he's the father? I know he's been denying his ethnicity for years, but surely he still has DNA that would 'show' if he really fathered children?

Like I said, I don't know much, if anything, about the whole thing, but that did catch my attention.

pala on 2/08/03 at 18:06 (108502)

i live in a ghetto leon. so i see what poverty does to kids. so i disagree. i think masks, helmets, tu tus, swan outfits, feathers, capes, noodles hanging from their ears , arms painted purple and an admittadly freak show father would be far far better than what these kids in my 'hood are up against.

pala on 2/08/03 at 18:31 (108505)

to avoid kidnappers i guess

pala on 2/08/03 at 18:38 (108506)

well the point i;m trying to make is there are million of kids in america in very dangerous surroundings and in extremely horrible lives due to poverty . so before we jump all over jackson as i'm hearing on tv. like child services should take a look, there are millions of kids in great and immediate danger of almost every kind that no one is concerned about at all. ( that is the worst grammar in a sentence ever! child services should investigate my public school and arrest the former staff)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 18:55 (108512)

They asked him why he covered his children's faces when he takes them out in public, and he said it was to protect them from the paparazzi (sp?) when he wasn't with them. One of them had light blonde hair sticking out from behind the mask, and he was asked whether or not their mother was white. He said she is not. Again, the interviewer really didn't get anywhere with him, any more than he did concerning the plastic surgery.

Carole C

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 19:05 (108515)

OK, now I am really confused. I saw something on the news yesterday that showed a blonde white woman who was said to be his ex-wife. She was saying that it was ridiculous to say that he would not be a good father, etc. But if she's his ex-wife, and any of the kids are hers, well... wouldn't that explain the blond hair?

Did he let them show the kids' faces during the interview?

Carole C in NOLA on 2/08/03 at 19:14 (108517)

I've never seen her. He said she isn't white... but if she's white enough for blonde hair, that would explain it all right! Maybe it's a matter of how he defines white.

I just found an article that takes Jackson's side of things, and I think it makes a lot of sense according to what I saw in the interviews:

http://www.observer.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,891935,00.html

Carole C

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 19:17 (108519)

Well, if she wasn't white, then I am Mahatma Gandhi. She was at least as white as I am, and you can't get much pastier than me.

Go figure.

marie e on 2/08/03 at 19:34 (108520)

I tend to think of MJ as a misunderstood artist. I think that masks are just for fun. He is playing with our minds and it's working. I am sure that he gets a chuckle out of it. One of my husbands freinds from HS is a very good freind of Michael Jackson. He has told us he is one of the nicest celebrities he has ever befreinded. A truely kind person. Of course he is a bit of an different....he's an artist in the midst of what we consider to be normal. HMMMM an INDIVIDUAL.

marie

pala on 2/08/03 at 19:39 (108521)

he does seem very sensitive and kind and weird and easily hurt. that's reason enuf for people to want to constantly kick him.

Sharon W on 2/08/03 at 20:45 (108524)

Actually, I don't think Jackson meant to say that his ex-wife, the former nurse of his dermatologist, wasn't white. Bashir had kind of asked about both mothers at once. He did say that the mother of the baby, Prince Michael 2 (blanket), was not white... and that she was a surrogate mother who had agreed to carry a child for him (probably, I would imagine, in exchange for a hefty FEE...)

Sharon

Leon S. on 2/09/03 at 18:41 (108625)

Well, at least you spelled it right.

JudyS on 2/09/03 at 21:41 (108639)

Hey Richard - if it helps any, I totally love you for who you are! Especially because who you are helps us poor, foot-weary types! :)

Richard, C.Ped on 2/10/03 at 10:08 (108668)

Thanx Judy...that was too kind. If I had a check to put in the mail....it would be on its way. LOL
Richard