Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

getting better

Posted by Nancy N on 2/07/03 at 19:27 (108398)

Well, I am still not out of the woods, but I think I will soon have to give up my position as Bronchitis Poster Girl. That's OK with me. I feel much better than I did on Wednesday, though I'm still very tired, and am coughing less. My voice finally sounds human again (though many people told me I sounded just fine, I thought I sounded very much like a frog). I still have two days left on the antibiotics (which apparently will stay in my system for another 5 days after that) so I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end. I'll keep you posted as the days pass, but I wanted to thank everybody for their advice and good thoughts so far. You guys are awesome! :)

Re: getting better

Suzanne D on 2/07/03 at 19:55 (108402)

So good to hear, Nancy! Keep getting some extra rest; it sounds like you really are on the mend!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/07/03 at 20:03 (108404)

That's great, Nancy! Keep up the good self-care, antibiotics, and chicken soup for a while. I'm so glad you have your voice back. :)

I think I must be fighting off something. As I posted before, I awakened with a monster headache this morning but fought it back. The headache is gone but I'm still not 100%, overly tired and so on. So you and I can take care of ourselves this weekend.

Carole C

Kathy G on 2/07/03 at 20:21 (108410)

Great news, Nancy? I'm glad your voice is back to normal. That's one of the worst things about bronchitis! Of course, I just croak away. If I couldn't talk, I'd explode!

Have fun this weekend!

pala on 2/07/03 at 21:07 (108421)

advice and good thoughts are fine as far as they go. but i have no doubt that without the guilt trip the healing would not have gone so fast . but don't worry about me , i'll just go choke on a motza ball now.....

nancy s. on 2/07/03 at 23:05 (108436)

phil just croaked for an entire week, due to a bad flu. i kind of liked it.

nancy

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 07:25 (108443)

Oh, I'm quite sure the guilt is what did it--the drugs couldn't possibly have worked so fast. Could I have some more, please?

;)

Julie on 2/08/03 at 08:19 (108444)

It comes with the chicken soup, Nancy...:o)

I'm very glad you're beginning to feel better!

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 11:55 (108475)

Me too! I still croak a little, but it's more like Croak Lite. (Last week it was so bad I was signing emails 'ribbit.') I did just have to convince a friend of mine that she hadn't woken me up when she called me--I guess I sounded just enough like I had Early Morning Croak that she was sure she had done a bad thing. And I am still coughing from time to time, but the breathing is better, and it's nice to remember what my voice usually sounds like!

Suzanne D on 2/07/03 at 19:55 (108402)

So good to hear, Nancy! Keep getting some extra rest; it sounds like you really are on the mend!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/07/03 at 20:03 (108404)

That's great, Nancy! Keep up the good self-care, antibiotics, and chicken soup for a while. I'm so glad you have your voice back. :)

I think I must be fighting off something. As I posted before, I awakened with a monster headache this morning but fought it back. The headache is gone but I'm still not 100%, overly tired and so on. So you and I can take care of ourselves this weekend.

Carole C

Kathy G on 2/07/03 at 20:21 (108410)

Great news, Nancy? I'm glad your voice is back to normal. That's one of the worst things about bronchitis! Of course, I just croak away. If I couldn't talk, I'd explode!

Have fun this weekend!

pala on 2/07/03 at 21:07 (108421)

advice and good thoughts are fine as far as they go. but i have no doubt that without the guilt trip the healing would not have gone so fast . but don't worry about me , i'll just go choke on a motza ball now.....

nancy s. on 2/07/03 at 23:05 (108436)

phil just croaked for an entire week, due to a bad flu. i kind of liked it.

nancy

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 07:25 (108443)

Oh, I'm quite sure the guilt is what did it--the drugs couldn't possibly have worked so fast. Could I have some more, please?

;)

Julie on 2/08/03 at 08:19 (108444)

It comes with the chicken soup, Nancy...:o)

I'm very glad you're beginning to feel better!

Nancy N on 2/08/03 at 11:55 (108475)

Me too! I still croak a little, but it's more like Croak Lite. (Last week it was so bad I was signing emails 'ribbit.') I did just have to convince a friend of mine that she hadn't woken me up when she called me--I guess I sounded just enough like I had Early Morning Croak that she was sure she had done a bad thing. And I am still coughing from time to time, but the breathing is better, and it's nice to remember what my voice usually sounds like!