Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain on the ball or pad of my left foot.

Posted by Joanne Z on 2/09/03 at 18:55 (108627)

I have had intermitent problems over the past year with foot pain. I run on a treadmill about 3 miles at a time 3 times per week. I have been experiencing pain, soreness and a burning sensation on the upper part of the sole of my left foot. It is worse after I work out and slowly improves if I stop running. I wear good running shoes and orthodic inserts. What could be the problem.

Re: Pain on the ball or pad of my left foot.

Dr. Z on 2/10/03 at 17:52 (108732)

It sounds like a neuroma problem. IF you take off your shoes does that reduce the pain.? Any tingling or pain in the toes?

Joanne Z on 2/10/03 at 20:48 (108749)

It feels better without shoes and occassionally I will get a sensation in my toes at the joints. How do you teat a Neuroma?

Joanne Z on 2/10/03 at 20:52 (108750)

I have had occasional pain in my toes and it definitely feels better when I take off my shoes. Sometimes when I am walking it will be a very sharp pain and other times a dull ache on the upper sole of my foot. What is a neuroma and most importantly how is treated? Can I continue to run once the pain subsides?

Dr. Z on 2/11/03 at 01:05 (108770)

You treat a neuroma with alchol injections, steriod injections, padding, orthosis, and sometime surgery

JUDY on 2/11/03 at 22:02 (108892)

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT A NUROMA IN MY LEFT FOOT IS,WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT,WILL IT REQUIRE SURGERY? WHAT CAUSED IT? PLEASE RESPOND JUDY

Dr. Z on 2/12/03 at 07:14 (108907)

A neuroma is a pinched or damaged nerve branch that usually is located between the metatarsal bones. Treatment will vary depending on the problem
Alchol injections are very effective when trying to avoid surgical excision of this very painful condition. Try scanning this web site with the search engine this is a topic I have talked about many times over the years.

Dr. Z on 2/10/03 at 17:52 (108732)

It sounds like a neuroma problem. IF you take off your shoes does that reduce the pain.? Any tingling or pain in the toes?

Joanne Z on 2/10/03 at 20:48 (108749)

It feels better without shoes and occassionally I will get a sensation in my toes at the joints. How do you teat a Neuroma?

Joanne Z on 2/10/03 at 20:52 (108750)

I have had occasional pain in my toes and it definitely feels better when I take off my shoes. Sometimes when I am walking it will be a very sharp pain and other times a dull ache on the upper sole of my foot. What is a neuroma and most importantly how is treated? Can I continue to run once the pain subsides?

Dr. Z on 2/11/03 at 01:05 (108770)

You treat a neuroma with alchol injections, steriod injections, padding, orthosis, and sometime surgery

JUDY on 2/11/03 at 22:02 (108892)

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT A NUROMA IN MY LEFT FOOT IS,WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT,WILL IT REQUIRE SURGERY? WHAT CAUSED IT? PLEASE RESPOND JUDY

Dr. Z on 2/12/03 at 07:14 (108907)

A neuroma is a pinched or damaged nerve branch that usually is located between the metatarsal bones. Treatment will vary depending on the problem
Alchol injections are very effective when trying to avoid surgical excision of this very painful condition. Try scanning this web site with the search engine this is a topic I have talked about many times over the years.