Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

6 mos post tts surgery

Posted by Scott D on 2/10/03 at 13:30 (108695)

It's now been 6 months since my tts surgery. I'm still having the same pain.
I had a EMG test last week which showed NO entrapment. The one before my surgery (from a different tester) showed entrapment.
My ortho says to give it more time.
I'm pretty frustrated. I read on this board that it can take up to 2 years to know if TTS surgery is successful.
Should I be patient or should I get a 2nd opinion?
Can anybody suggest a good ortho/podiatrist in the Chicago area?
Thanks.
Scott

Re: 6 mos post tts surgery

Barbara S on 2/10/03 at 15:18 (108711)

Hi Scott
I am 10 months post-op tarsel tunnel release and pf. Although somethings are better I do have to plan my days. The pain is more achey feeling. My ankle area aches the worse. I also still get zingers, my toes tinkle, foot burns and sometimes toes feel like they are being squished together. The first wiggle of my toes in the morning starts the pins and needles. The incision area still feels tight,from under my heel to above my ankle. I had almost 6 months of PT including water therapy.
I have fibromyalgia and I was told would take me longer. My surgery wasn't done by my pod.(Dr. Frank LaVora Milwaukee,Wi)but by an ortho. surgeon.

I just saw Dr LaVora last week and he says it is just going to take time. I see him every couple of months as SBC Ameritech fired me from my job of Aug 2002. I had 25yrs. of service. It is looking good,but it is going way to slow for me.

Good Luck Barbara S

Bev N on 2/10/03 at 15:59 (108718)

Barbara, That is awful thaat Ameritech fired you after 25 years of service.Was it due to your PF or Fibro? Do you have any recourse, financially, I mean? Can they just get away with it? Isn't there a law that says you can't be fired due to health or something like that? I wish you the best, keep us informed as to how you are doing. Did your insurance from Ameritech keep up for you to help pay for all of this? Can you apply for disability? Bev

Barbara S on 2/11/03 at 07:24 (108781)

Hi Bev

Yes it was due to Tarsel Tunnel PF, FIbro and Depression and the fact that my Drs. would not release me and SBC (AMeritech) Disability center said I should be working. THey did not agree with my Drs.
My husband also lost his job on Aug.2,2002. He had 15yrs with SAKS (They bought the Boston Stores, Younkers, and Carson Pirie Scott. He did sometime of main frame software work and Saks has a main frame in Jackson,Mississippi. We did not want to move there. All our families are here in Wis. including 6 grandson and another grandchild due in July 2003. He received some severence pay that has helped. We have to pay $584.00 a month to keep up the health ins. I had at SBC.
Helpfully there is a law against what SBC (Ameritech) did. I have an attorney. They are ready to file lawsuit unless they want to give me my job back or let me retire with full benefits.
Financially I had to take a final distribution on my 401k.
Hopefully when things are settled I'll recover some of the money.

Thanks for your concern. When something new comes up I do try to post.

Good Luck to You and Everyone

Barbara S.

Barbara S on 2/10/03 at 15:18 (108711)

Hi Scott
I am 10 months post-op tarsel tunnel release and pf. Although somethings are better I do have to plan my days. The pain is more achey feeling. My ankle area aches the worse. I also still get zingers, my toes tinkle, foot burns and sometimes toes feel like they are being squished together. The first wiggle of my toes in the morning starts the pins and needles. The incision area still feels tight,from under my heel to above my ankle. I had almost 6 months of PT including water therapy.
I have fibromyalgia and I was told would take me longer. My surgery wasn't done by my pod.(Dr. Frank LaVora Milwaukee,Wi)but by an ortho. surgeon.

I just saw Dr LaVora last week and he says it is just going to take time. I see him every couple of months as SBC Ameritech fired me from my job of Aug 2002. I had 25yrs. of service. It is looking good,but it is going way to slow for me.

Good Luck Barbara S

Bev N on 2/10/03 at 15:59 (108718)

Barbara, That is awful thaat Ameritech fired you after 25 years of service.Was it due to your PF or Fibro? Do you have any recourse, financially, I mean? Can they just get away with it? Isn't there a law that says you can't be fired due to health or something like that? I wish you the best, keep us informed as to how you are doing. Did your insurance from Ameritech keep up for you to help pay for all of this? Can you apply for disability? Bev

Barbara S on 2/11/03 at 07:24 (108781)

Hi Bev

Yes it was due to Tarsel Tunnel PF, FIbro and Depression and the fact that my Drs. would not release me and SBC (AMeritech) Disability center said I should be working. THey did not agree with my Drs.
My husband also lost his job on Aug.2,2002. He had 15yrs with SAKS (They bought the Boston Stores, Younkers, and Carson Pirie Scott. He did sometime of main frame software work and Saks has a main frame in Jackson,Mississippi. We did not want to move there. All our families are here in Wis. including 6 grandson and another grandchild due in July 2003. He received some severence pay that has helped. We have to pay $584.00 a month to keep up the health ins. I had at SBC.
Helpfully there is a law against what SBC (Ameritech) did. I have an attorney. They are ready to file lawsuit unless they want to give me my job back or let me retire with full benefits.
Financially I had to take a final distribution on my 401k.
Hopefully when things are settled I'll recover some of the money.

Thanks for your concern. When something new comes up I do try to post.

Good Luck to You and Everyone

Barbara S.