Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

best shoe-style & name brands for pf

Posted by rwolfe on 2/11/03 at 17:56 (108840)

I've had pf for several years, do wear orthotics, would love to find shoes that help rather than hurt. Do you have any recommendations? Also, someone told me I should never wear the same shoes two days in a row. Are you in agreement with this?

Re: best shoe-style & name brands for pf

Dr. David S. Wander on 2/11/03 at 18:46 (108844)

As I've mentioned before on this site, I'm partial to shoes made by Merrell. Merrell originally started with hiking boots and came out with a line of shoes called 'aftersport' shoes that are basically a cross between a hiking shoe/running-athletic shoe and a clog. I personally wear these casually, in the office with 'scrubs' and during surgery. Check out the website http://www.merrellboot.com or do a search for Merrell shoes and look under the category 'slides or aftersport'. I have no financial interest in the company, but these are great shoes that accommodate orthoses and are very comfortable. I've recommended these shoes for my patients with a very high success rate.

Re: best shoe-style & name brands for pf

Dr. David S. Wander on 2/11/03 at 18:46 (108844)

As I've mentioned before on this site, I'm partial to shoes made by Merrell. Merrell originally started with hiking boots and came out with a line of shoes called 'aftersport' shoes that are basically a cross between a hiking shoe/running-athletic shoe and a clog. I personally wear these casually, in the office with 'scrubs' and during surgery. Check out the website http://www.merrellboot.com or do a search for Merrell shoes and look under the category 'slides or aftersport'. I have no financial interest in the company, but these are great shoes that accommodate orthoses and are very comfortable. I've recommended these shoes for my patients with a very high success rate.