Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Crutches/brusitis

Posted by Jenifer K on 2/12/03 at 22:53 (108972)

I had been diagnosed as having PF. At the last visit, my doctor felt that the PF had resolved itself, and the remaining pain could be from a small bursae (spelling is off I know!) sac. Since then, I caught an elbow to the heel during a swim practice and the sac has grown and so has the pain. I do NOT have pain when I take pressure off the heel (PF), the pain occurs when weight is put ON the b. sac. Would crutches help me heal faster?

Re: Crutches/brusitis

Dr. Z on 2/12/03 at 23:42 (108973)

Cruthes could be helpful. You maybe quickly resolve the pain and bursa sac with a local steriod injection. A heel cup, nsaid, taping and possible physical therapy can be very helpful.

What treatments have you already had?

Dr. Z on 2/12/03 at 23:42 (108973)

Cruthes could be helpful. You maybe quickly resolve the pain and bursa sac with a local steriod injection. A heel cup, nsaid, taping and possible physical therapy can be very helpful.

What treatments have you already had?

Jenifer K on 2/13/03 at 21:28 (109113)

I have tried a night brace, nsaid (although I swear I am taking a placebo!!!), and taping. I have also given up running for six weeks--a fact that has been very detrimental to my mental state!! I am willing to try crutches, how long??? Thank you for the rsponse!!!