Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf/ acute tendonitis/bursitis

Posted by Krsitie R on 2/13/03 at 20:02 (109107)

Dear Doctors,

I need some help. I have been diagnosed with PF a year ago. I have seen four doctors the first three told me it was due to old age (I'm 32). I finally met a doctor who told me he can cure me. I was so relieved to hear those words. But I haven't seen much improvement. The PF has gotten a lot better but I still have it. Also, the acute tendonitis has gotten worst on my right foot as well as bursitis on my right heel. The doctor gave me a cortisone shot two days ago -- it was quite painful yesterday. (It's my fifth shot in the last year----is there any harmful effects? The shots were all given in different parts of my right foot.) Also, I ruptured an anterior tendon in my right ankle. I believe due to this problem. I my foot just buckled under one morning.

I have been going to PT the last six months. But my quality of life has not improved. I can't not do the things used to do: drive, clean the house, walk for pleasure. Today, I had to take the day off from work because it so painful. I stand on my feet all day----but love my job and would hate to quit.

Is there anything I should be doing to get my life back. I have orthodics. I wear New Balance sneakers everyday. I always wear shoes. I stretch and use ice three times a day....but I'm home with my foot up and I'm getting very tired of all of this. Is there anything you can recommended?

Thank you for your help.

Re: pf/ acute tendonitis/bursitis

Dr. Z on 2/14/03 at 08:16 (109128)

Too many local steriod injections. Have you heard of ESWT. This is a non-invasive procedure that is used for insertional plantar fasciitis. I would be very happy to send you information about this procedure, just e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) and we will send you our informational packet