Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot pain

Posted by John Abraham on 2/16/03 at 21:10 (109429)

I am having some pain in my heels. It appears to be worse in the mornings. Is this an early sign of arthritis?

Re: foot pain

Dr. Z on 2/16/03 at 21:16 (109430)

This sounds like classic plantar fasciitis. Early treatment and understanding is very important. Read the heel pain book. Very helpful

GEOFF INGEBERG on 2/17/03 at 11:38 (109466)

i have been having a problem with my left foot for some time now it usually starts after i have been on it working,after about 2-3 hours but lately it has been much worse.The pain is an all day occurance and it is making my hole leg hurt starting in my ankle and working it's way up through my shin and lower back my question to you is i have seen a couple of doctors about my pain and they seem to think it's from my back down but could my problems be from the foot.they think i have bursitis in my hip and possibly a ciatic problem i am only thirty and think that i am just to young for all this pain cause by the end of the day and when i first wake up i am in so much pain i can't see straight but if i stay off my foot i stiffen up but my foot and lower leg feels extremly better.if there is anything you might be able to offer in the way of help i would be very appreciative.
thanks for the time

GEOFF INGEBERG on 2/17/03 at 11:43 (109470)

pain starts more in the ball of the foot as apposed to the heal Dr.z

Dr. Z on 2/17/03 at 13:28 (109488)

What kinds of treatment recommendations have been offered so far.?

GEOFF INGEBERG on 2/17/03 at 13:29 (109490)

none because the doctors havent even begun to think that this is a foot problem

Dr. Z on 2/17/03 at 13:30 (109491)

This could be a classic neuroma. This is where the nerve is injuried, inflamed between the metatarsal bones. You will have burning, stabbing, shooting type of pain. Pain can travel just like yours. Examination will identify this problem very quickly