Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by Bev N on 2/17/03 at 09:45 (109452)

I don't know if this is appropriate or not, however I will ask anyway of our doctors on the board. I see that there are 3 clinics in Michigan that offer ESWT, are you able to advise me as to the best machine they have and what one to go to ? They all have the HMT OssaTron. Is this a good machine?I really do appreciate any advise you are able to give me. Thankyou, Bev

Re: ESWT

Dr. Z on 2/02/03 at 09:56 (107689)

Good luck. So you are getting ESWT for $1500 all included fees. Make sure that just isn't the doctor's charge. If it is the Epos that is a very good choice

Dr A. on 2/02/03 at 10:02 (107690)

And I thought my fees are reasonable!

Dr. Z on 2/02/03 at 09:56 (107689)

Good luck. So you are getting ESWT for $1500 all included fees. Make sure that just isn't the doctor's charge. If it is the Epos that is a very good choice

Dr A. on 2/02/03 at 10:02 (107690)

And I thought my fees are reasonable!

Dr. Z on 2/17/03 at 12:27 (109479)

We have a Dr. Reid from this board that is very good. However in my opinion the dornier epos is the better machine and she doesn't use this specific machine. You only have two choices the dornier and the ossatron. You are going to find the ossatron alot more money due to the additinal costs of anesthesia and hospital costs. So call each of the clinics . Ask if they used the dornier, ask how long, how many cases. When was the machine installed into their clinic. Will they let you speak to other patients and last but not least how much is the procedure cost. What does this fee include and what is additional. If by chance you need a second treatment is this included in the cost if not how much. No reason if they are close to visit all there and get a feeling for the one which is best for you

Dr. Z