Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to judy

Posted by nancy s. on 2/19/03 at 13:43 (109848)

judy, are you going to be in grand rapids soon? if so, try not to miss the dale chihuly glass-art exhibit at the Meijer Gardens. it is spectacularly beautiful! i've never had a special interest in glass art, but this guy knocked my socks off. hope you get to see it!

nancy

Re: to judy

JudyS on 2/19/03 at 13:54 (109850)

Yes, thank you Nancy - I'll be there Sunday and Monday. Thanks for the alert!

JudyS on 2/19/03 at 13:58 (109851)

PS - we got a little bit worried about your drive from Michigan back to Maine - evidently it went OK! (assuming you're back in Maine, that is.)

nancy s. on 2/19/03 at 14:28 (109858)

oh thanks, judy -- actually we had a very harrowing drive out to michigan AND back from michigan! snow, ice, blizzard white-outs while on highways, the works. i'd say we missed death about thirty-five times. yes, only thirty-five times! we got back a day late because after seeing about the eighth spin-out accident on the ny thruway on monday, we decided to stay alive: got off and were lucky to get one of the last rooms at some big inn in liverpool. of course, yesterday we crossed into maine just as the snowstorm was peaking here. it took us hours to crawl home from the border (usually takes 40 minutes).

can't say it was a dull trip. phil now says that it's no longer true he'll drive in ANYthing, so there's a good thing that came of it!

the actual time in michigan was great, though. phil's sister got married at the Meijer Gardens on valentine's night.

nancy

Re: romance

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/03 at 06:22 (110155)

How romantic for Phil's sister to get married on Valentine's night! I'm sure that wasn't coincidence and it's nice to see evidence that romance is alive and well in the 21st century.

That drive sounds utterly hair raising. I'm glad you got home safely and I hope you don't have to go out again until the roads are safer again.

Carole C

nancy s. on 2/21/03 at 14:48 (110192)

thanks, carole. yes, romance is certainly alive and well with phil's sister and her new husband! they are both a young 63, have been through a lot of heartache, and feel it's a miracle they found each other. we haven't seen carol this happy and relaxed in several years. in the past four years, she saw her 59-year-old husband die suddenly, lost her daughter to suicide, and lost her and phil's dad (at a ripe old age). a lot to go through -- but she's a strong person.

she never expected this to happen, though, so it was a very special occasion. worth our nightmare road trip! she says we get many extra points because of that. we could use them right now and thanked her profusely!

nancy

pala on 2/21/03 at 22:49 (110272)

nancy, how did phil's sister meet her fella? that is so cool.

nancy s. on 2/22/03 at 07:08 (110283)

she met him last spring at the wedding of mutual friends! how's that for an extra romance level?

nancy