Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How are you doing today, Marty?

Posted by Sharon W on 2/21/03 at 13:00 (110175)

I hope the swelling has gone down at least a little bit, and you are not in too much pain.

Sharon

Re: How are you doing today, Marty?

Marty on 2/21/03 at 16:40 (110209)

I doing great! Not much pain now the wrapping is loser and swelling is going down. :-) Warning - I'm going to rumble a bit here in my semi coherent state. LOL

I'm a bit worried that I've moved my foot inside my boot a bit. I don't think my heel is completely seated down in the boot anymore. They really had me in tight! That was where the pain was coming from. Not sure if this is a problem or not. Not sure if my feet is completely at a 90 degree angle anymore. I had to cut some of the wrapping that was to tight and that's when my foot moved just a bit. The only thing that I can see it will effect is my rang of motion and sure hope it doesn't cause scarring!!. I go back to the doctors Monday so maybe that's a sort enough time to remedy the problem. (If there's a problem) LOL I'm such a worry wart. Hee Hee

I have been flat in bed since the operation, I only get out of bad to go to the bathroom. I have it elevated 24/7. Haven't figured out how to get ice to make much of a difference through the boot. Other then that life's great!

Thanks Sharon, hope all goes well for you tuesday. I got my bill today for my blood tests done by neuro #2. So I'm hoping to have them faxed to my pod and see the results monday. Wifes working on that as I type. My pod and neuro are working closely on the neuropathy situantion.

Do you have to have the NCV test with the needles?

Sharon W on 2/21/03 at 17:00 (110214)

Marty,

I wouldn't worry TOO much whether it's still at 90 degrees. My foot/ankle kind of did that, too, because of all the swelling -- and as you know that it turned out OK.

Once you're allowed to put weight on your foot again, it will most likely resolve on its own. But if there IS still a problem, when you go to physical therapy (as hopefully you will, in a couple more weeks) they should be able to help you.

But then again, I can't SEE your foot, and I certainly can't FEEL what you're feeling. So if you sense that it might be a problem, then just call the doc and ask about it before it gets too much later in the day!

Anyway, when you the doctor on Monday they will probably open it up and re-wrap it then.

Sharon

lauriel on 2/21/03 at 17:23 (110217)

glad to hear everything is still going okay. I know what you mean about the ice. I did not have a boot, but had it wrapped which was so thick! I thought can the cold possibly get thru this. But I did it anyway religiously.
Laurie

Re: pf or tts release

Marty on 2/21/03 at 18:06 (110226)

did you have pf release of tts release?

I'm waiting for the shooting pains but none up to this point.

Re: laying here conjuring up things LOL

Marty on 2/21/03 at 18:33 (110230)

Yea I know I'm just laying here thinking up all kinds of things. LOL

Thnaks for keeping an eye on me. My oldest son (he's 24) just came in the bedroom and said: 'I know what you need is a game to play' LOL I just don't think I could get into video games.

No shooting pains just some burning but I've delt with them for a long time nothing new to me. I plan on staying right here in my bed until 9:30am monday mornig.

Bev N on 2/21/03 at 22:31 (110267)

Aren't those NCV tests with all those needles fun ? I felt like a human pin cushion. But he said that I passed, even though it did not show the responce to the smaller nerves, just the larger nerves, he ruled out neuropathy.So he stated in the letter to my primary that he thinks I 'may just have some plantar fasciitis'. SOME - boy did that make me upset - they think I am making up all of this FUN I am having??? They think of us PF'ers as hypochondriacs ! There, I vented, feel better now. Have a good night everyone. Bev

Sharon W on 2/22/03 at 00:48 (110275)

Bev,

There is a testing technique (well, a machine I guess) called QST that supposedly can help to test for smaller-fiber neuropathy -- not the tiniest fibers, nothing really does that -- but somewhat smaller.

Sharon

Marty on 2/22/03 at 10:13 (110304)

Hey pin cushion Bev,

l know the 'making it up' look all to well that even doctors can give. LOL But I guess there are those that are hypochondriacs, got to be for a doctor to correctly figure out who they are, if they can.

So what's your next corse of action?

Sharon W on 2/23/03 at 13:09 (110488)

I think there are a lot fewer hypochondriacs than doctors think. Maybe this new research showing a genetic pattern that makes people feel pain more intensely will help convince doctors that the pain is REAL for most of us. LOL!

Sharon