Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

INSERTS

Posted by Ken W. on 2/22/03 at 09:34 (110297)

As long ago as 8/22/02 I posted a message (#93183) on this message board under this catergory heading) then read several messages over the next few months. Some were critical of UK/NHS Podiarists and I tried to balance that criticism.
Since then I can report that here on Isle of Wight, U.K. I have been well served by Roger, who first diagnosed plantar fasciitis as the cause of constant pain in my rioght foot. I then saw Fiona and Russell at clinics. Russell was instumental in getting me seen fairly quickly by Rachel Dawes a biomechanic at the Podiatry Department at St. Mary's Hospital, Newport, Isle of Wight whose care and perserverence with trial inserts in my footwear vastly reduced my pain. She has had a permanent insole made up for me which was fitted this week (02/11/03).
So, it's early days yet but at this moment in time I will not hear a bad thing said against the IOW NHS Podiatrists and especially biomechanic Rachel. All I can say to U.K. sufferers of pf is 'give your NHS podiatrist a fair chance.' Ken W. Isle of Wight, UK

Re: INSERTS

Dr. Z on 2/22/03 at 09:43 (110300)

Who ever made critical remarks about UK Podiatrists. Now French podiatrists
well lets just say they are not important. just joking. Glad you are doing well

Pauline on 2/22/03 at 13:50 (110360)

Ken,
You may hear a lot of things you don't agree with here. All you can do is post your own experience. Readers will go through the threads and decide which opinions to accept and which they reject. We really have no control over their decisions. At best we offer many different opinions and options for them to research which is a good.

AmyM on 2/24/03 at 12:50 (110599)

Glad to hear your podiatrists and biomechanics experts were able to help and its good to know you're on the road to recovery. Maybe I should move to the IOW!!! Thanks again for the information.