Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lump on Achillies tendon and side of heel.

Posted by MP on 2/22/03 at 11:05 (110311)

I have had a lump on my achillies tendon (about the size of my thumb nail) for about a month now and i have put corn removers on it when i skate so it doesn't hurt. I have just gotten another lump on the side of my heel on the other foot that doesn't hurt but it worries me. What could it be and what should i do about it?

Re: Lump on Achillies tendon and side of heel.

Dr. Z on 2/22/03 at 18:08 (110408)

I doubt this is a corn or even a wart. Get to a doctor now before you have more lumps

Kathi E. on 2/22/03 at 21:55 (110430)

I also have developed a round looking lump on the backside of my left heel outerside. It will burn in the achillies tendon if I try to stretch my foot in the flex position. When I first get up to walk it takes many many steps before I can start to walk with out a limp as it feels like I am pulling this area and I'll have a slight burn. The lump is hard like bone, but is also becoming a little tender to the touch.I took full notice of it 3 weeks ago, before I noticed lump, I was experiencing burn in the achilles tendon. Is this a bone spur, and my main question is do I see a orthopedic Dr or will a foot and pain Dr do as well. I mess up all my shoes in the heel area first,( both left and right shoes ) I will cave in the heels before any other part of my shoe gets old from wear.My job requires lots of walking and standing. I was overweight but I have lost the weight and still find myself busting the inside heel area of shoes.

Dr. Z on 2/23/03 at 15:34 (110528)

Most podiatrist should be able to help you with your problem. If there is a foot and ankle orthopedic surgery in your areas that is a good choice