Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for the folks with RSD

Posted by wendyn on 2/22/03 at 11:34 (110322)

For those of you diagnosed with RSD - a question...

What happens to your feet and legs if you sit in a hot tub for a bit?

I noticed some time ago that my feet and lower legs are bright red (in patches) when I get out of a hot tub. Never really ocurred to me till this week that this doesn't happen to everyone (was in the hot tub with a coworker at the gym - and we were comparing feet afterwards).

Does anyone else have this - (I'm wondering if it's from the RSD)?

Re: I don't have RSD, but...

Suzanne D on 2/23/03 at 06:36 (110452)

Hi, Wendy. I happened to come over to this board and noticed your post. I have no symptoms of RSD, but after I get out of the tub following a hot bath, I also have red, splotchy legs and feet.

I have very fair skin, and I always assumed that it was due to that, but I don't know.

I also blush easily and spent about half my recess time in elementary school sitting down since the teacher was worried because my face was so red. (I always blame my lack of athletic skills on that!) :-)

Suzanne

Re: I don't have RSD, but...

Ricky J. on 2/25/03 at 08:55 (110676)

I have also noticed that my feet are red in certian spots when I get out of a hot bath. I have also notiece the I am getting ridges on my big toe nail. I first thought that might have been caused from taking the neurontin. I read more about RSDS on the internet yesterday, and it said that RSDS can cause that.