Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tae Kwon Do Injury

Posted by Ted S on 2/23/03 at 07:38 (110453)

I was performing spinning kicks when I pulled my support leg out and crashed to the floor spining. I fractured my wrist and bounced the side inner step of my heel off the floor. This happened in July 2002. I assumed it was the pain was a bone bruse. It is now getting more tender, I can't put all of my weight on it, and it is tender to touch. I am also starting to experience sharp pains with burning. I had it x-rayed and nothing is broken. I have an MRI this week under the cair of Dr. Debra Eisner in Haverhill, MA. Any ideas on what could be injured from blunt trama to the side of the heel?

Re: Tae Kwon Do Injury

Dr. Z on 2/23/03 at 13:52 (110493)

Lets see what the mri showes. This is done to rule out stress fractures and to evaluation the condition of the pf . In addition joint surfaces of the bones are reviewed as well as ankle ligaments You probaby have a stress fracture and or pf with some invovlement of the tendons, maybe the posterior tib tendon or the abductor hallucis tendon. Rest, casting,mayybe an injection, nsaid, taping, physical therapy are just a few of the types of treatments that may be offered to you. Keep us updated about the mri results. Feel free to ask any questions about your heel pain etc. Good luck