Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tennis foot injury

Posted by RobertB on 2/24/03 at 10:30 (110585)

My problem arises from when i was playing tennis last Wednesday and i jumped up and when i came down i landed on my left foot pretty hard. There was an instant pain and i could hardly walk since then im able to walk but a mild pain is still there whenever i put weight on my foot. I cant run at all either. Can someone please tell me what might be wrong with my foot and what i should do to treat it?

Re: tennis foot injury

RobertB on 2/24/03 at 10:36 (110586)

i forgot to mention that the pain is located at the heel of my foot

Dr. David S. Wander on 2/24/03 at 14:57 (110618)

Is the pain at the bottom of the heel or in the back of the heel? Regardless, no doctors on this site can treat you over the computer so I would strongly recommend that you be seen by a doctor if your pain is still present.

RobertH on 2/24/03 at 16:15 (110628)

the pain is on the bottom of the heel

Dr. Z on 2/25/03 at 01:32 (110662)

I agree with Dr. Wander, seeing a doctor is important, if this was someting simple the pain would of gone away by now. The doctor may need to x-ray your foot to rule out a fracture. Please don't delay it could turn into a chronic non-healing problem.