Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

been almost 3 months for TTS surgery and just took a miraculous turnr for the better!

Posted by lauriel on 2/24/03 at 10:46 (110589)

Ok - almost 2 weeks ago I thought I was almost back to ground 0. I think i over massaged and really hurt my foot. really swelled up bruised, I was back on crutches. I was so bummed out! I didnt do to much through last week, even backed off on therapy, the swelling and bruising went down.
Thursday I changed from tennis shoes to a sandal with support similar to a birkenstock. At first it was painful because it was really trying to stretch the achilles that had been so stiff and tender when I walked, then Saturday I was actually on my feet for a few hours (a first) and doing something new my PT mentioned is a contrast bath, hot,cold,hot,cold.

I have so much movement now, and very little pain (only a few zingers the entire week-end) it is amazing! I came zipping into the office this morning and no-one could believe it. So hopefully this is the turning point I have been waiting for
Laurie

Re: been almost 3 months for TTS surgery and just took a miraculous turnr for the better!

Sharon W on 2/24/03 at 13:21 (110601)

Laurie,

Oh, I certainly hope so!! That's very good news. I'm glad you had such a terrific weekend! Hopefully, the worst of it is over for you.

But, I hope you won't get TOO crushed with disappointment if you do have more 'bad days' after this. That does seem to be the usual pattern -- there are 'good days' and 'bad days,' and you ARE still getting better so long as the number of 'good days' is increasing (overall) while the number of bad days is going DOWN.

Sharon

Re: been almost 3 months for TTS surgery and just took a miraculous turnr for the better!

Marty on 2/24/03 at 14:10 (110605)

That's great Lauriel, I'm so happy for you! So do you think it was the contrast bathing that did the trick or the shoes?

I'm so far behind you it's only been 5 days post op for me. :(

Take care and keep us posted on progress.

lauriel on 2/24/03 at 14:34 (110611)

I think it was the combination, with the shoes really helping the most giving my feet specifically the arch the proper support and getting the achilles to stretch some. Laurie

lauriel on 2/24/03 at 14:41 (110616)

Sharon, you burst my bubble! but you are right since I was feeling pretty good (not this good) before I had my setback a few weeks ago. And I also think the main thing is because I do feel so good is not to overdo it. I think that could happen fairly easy and I have to remember that!
Laurie