Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Judy says "Hi, everybody!"

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 2/24/03 at 20:08 (110641)

I just got an e-mail from Judy who is in Michigan. She's having lots of fun walking in the snow with NO PAIN! That is so wonderful. She is getting over a virus but you know Judy, that won't keep her down. She's off to DC and NYC soon, and said 'Say hello to all the folks on the board for me.'

So, HELLO!

Carole C

Re: Judy says "Hi, everybody!"

Bev N on 2/25/03 at 11:45 (110703)

Carole, If you don't mind my asking, who is Judy in Michigan? I am courious to know if she had PF and if so what doctor cured her? I'm in Michigan too and would like to know who the miracle worker doctor is - I just may give his office a call. Thankyou, Bev

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 11:52 (110704)

Bev, Judy is a 'regular' here who is visiting Michigan. She lives in California. She had PF and her photo is posted on the photo page, in the same photo as Nancy S and with the two of them wearing Birkenstocks with socks.

We do have people from Michigan that post here, though! Maybe someone from Michigan will read your post and respond. Isn't BGCPed from Michigan? He is a C.Ped who really seems to know his stuff.

Carole C

Bev N on 2/25/03 at 12:47 (110708)

Carole, Judy is from California, and she is vacationing in Michigan - She must be insane- - - it is 7 degrees here !! We are freezing here. Wish we could go back to California with her ! Don't know who BGCPed is or where he is from . Thanks, Bev

john h on 2/25/03 at 13:45 (110713)

It is not really great here in Little Rock. We received about 12' of snow last night and a storm with freezing rain is due here tonight or tomorrow. Temp will not get out of 20's today and most of roads,schools,etc are closed. I cannot get to work and am forced to engage in conversation with my wife for a whole day. Help!

Re: cold in Arkansas!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 17:51 (110747)

Good grief, John, that's unreasonably cold. We are not so terribly far from Arkansas but it was bright and sunny, in the 60's here today.

My garden is really sprouting and growing great guns. I have banana leaves a foot long already, and other plants have sprouted big leaves too. My lawn in the front needs mowing already and the weeds are taking over.

I was pretty sure that we are completely done with winter, and yet you have ice and cannot get to work, and Suzanne in Kentucky is home because the schools are having a snow day. Maybe we aren't out of the woods yet either.

Tomorrow we have 80-100% chance of rain, and the parades might be rained out again too.

Carole C

Carole on 2/26/03 at 08:13 (110807)

It was on WBZ radio in Boston about the exceptional weather in Arkansas, John, and I thought about you! You said you got snow, occasionally but this must be unusual this late in the season, huh? Now, do you have a gardenia outside? I can't remember. It won't survive, will it? I'm worried about my hollies, dwarf spruces and rhododendrons and they're supposed to be hardy! I can't imagine what will happen to plants down your way. Maybe the snow will melt faster there, though.

They're waiting to see if the same storm is going to hit us Thursday night and Friday. The computer models are all different. I figure spring will arrive about July 15th and we'll have a four-week summer following that.

By the way, I bet you and Mary had fun being snowed in together!!

Re: The above post is from me, not Carole!!

Kathy G on 2/26/03 at 08:17 (110809)

I have no idea what's wrong with me! My name didn't automatically come up in the Name section and when I did my first post of the day, I had to put it in. I was posting to Carole and I put in her name, not mine. I'm sorry, Carole!

john h on 2/26/03 at 08:54 (110818)

Carole: Today there is a steady stream of freezing rain falling on top o the snow. Mary now occupies one end of the house and I the other. We have not yet bonded. One cat stays with me and one with her. She just told me she is taking over the computer in few minutes (ugh!). I could ice skate down the street for a mile and not touch pavement. I got to get out of here I am going bongo bongo bongo------------ I prefer the jungle to this.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/26/03 at 13:33 (110864)

John, you sound bored! You need to think of something interesting to do at home. I have no suggestions but there must be something. LOL

It's raining here but nowhere near freezing, thank goodness. You are really getting it with the ice, and so is Texas. I simply could not believe it when I saw the footage of snow in San Antonio. The only time I ever saw San Antonio as an adult, it was probably 103F in the shade and the sun was blazing.

Carole C

john h on 2/26/03 at 16:14 (110898)

Yes Carole I am surely bored. I am even sick of the news. I resorted to painting some interiors of some kitchen cabinets. Now, that is bored for me. I was watching the birds a lot but now I am out of bird food. Believe it or not but another ice storm is due in this PM. My neighbor delivered some Girl Scout cookies I ordered months ago so my sweet tooth is working. I have a bunch of MRE's (military meals ready to eat). Might try one for a change of pace. My outdoor cats are stuck in the garage so I visit with them every few hours. My paper arrived this pm so maybe tomorrow I can escape out of here but my guess it will be Friday with more ice coming.

Re: **COLD IN TEXAS TOO**!

Necee on 2/27/03 at 00:40 (110947)

Yep, those of us down south are all under the same winter blanket.
There are icy roads everywhere, trying to navigate them would be taking your life in your own hands. So......here we sit, at our computers. I've watched the news footage over and over, sat at the window watching absolutely nothing outside! except a bird or two desperatly searching for a morsel to eat. My feeders are empty and since I can't get to the store, bread crumbs will have to do, food rationing will begin soon if the roads don't clear.

Happy trails...

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/03 at 06:48 (110957)

Those poor birds will be grateful for your bread crumbs! Thank goodness we seem to have escaped this cold front and ice. Last night the parades were cancelled for a second time this Mardi Gras season, due to rain, but it hasn't been cold.

Carole C

Kathy G on 2/27/03 at 18:42 (111054)

Wow - what strange weather! It's cold here in NH, too, but it's supposed to be! I hope you all thaw out soon!

And Necee, hope you feel better soon!