Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ignoring the trolls

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 2/24/03 at 22:54 (110656)

Ignoring the trolls who would rather break up our pleasant chit-chat because they just can't stand it...

Here are some photos showing what my hair looks like tonight, after hacking off 14' of it on Saturday.

Carole C

Re: Ignoring the trolls

wendyn on 2/24/03 at 23:15 (110657)

I like the new 'do' Carole - it must feel so different!!!

Sharon W on 2/24/03 at 23:30 (110658)

It looks very nice, Carole.

Re: Thanks for the compliments :)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 06:10 (110667)

Thanks! It seems strange to have such short hair, but it's really kind of fun!

Carole C

Bev N on 2/25/03 at 07:00 (110668)

Hi Carole, Really neat how we can see your 'new you'. Web-cam is really clever.Your new shorter hair style is very attractive. Frank dosen't know what he is missing, his loss, right? !! Have a nice day. Bev

Re: I love your new hairdo!

Suzanne D on 2/25/03 at 09:58 (110684)

I really do like it, Carole! I was hoping you would post pictures soon. Thanks for doing so. I think the new style makes you look younger!

I woke up to the ground covered with snow again. At first there were no school closings, so I began to get ready. Then it was announced that we would have an hour delay. I still have to be at school at the regular time, so I was ready to leave when they changed and had announced that school was cancelled. I changed clothes again and lay down for an hour! I figure I might as well take advantage of these times...:-)

Again, I DO like your hair and the spunk you showed in cutting it!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 10:24 (110687)

Thanks, Suzanne, and thanks Bev, Wendy, and Sharon!

Suzanne, you have really had the school closings this year! It's too bad that they couldn't make up their mind earlier this morning and call it off before you went to all the trouble of getting dressed. I'll bet it's nice to be able to take a nap rather than working today. I plan to do a lot of sleeping late next week, when I have time off.

Kathy G on 2/25/03 at 11:06 (110693)

It looks great! It's such a pretty color and yes, I think it makes you look more contemporary. Do you feel light-headed? And it must dry so much faster! Great pictures, thanks for sharing with us!

Tammie on 2/25/03 at 15:01 (110719)

I love it you look wonderful!!! very nice and I sure wish you could go to the ball! You could be cinderalla!! Maybe it might still happen? Very nice Carole!

BrianG on 2/25/03 at 16:12 (110730)

Carole, I can remember when Reba McEntire cut off all her big hair. She said it made her feel 'frisky'. How are you feeling? :*)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 17:36 (110743)

Gee, Brian! I was thinking more like 'light headed'! (grin)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 17:39 (110744)

Thanks, Kathy, and yes I do feel light-headed! LOL

It dries a little bit faster but what amazes me more, is that it takes so much less shampoo to get it just as clean. The color is my natural color, but I may decide to do something about that in a month or two (if I have the courage to try that).

Carole C

Re: Thank you, Tammie! :) (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/03 at 17:41 (110745)

Re: Thank you, Tammie! :) (nm)

Carole on 2/26/03 at 08:02 (110805)

I, personally, love the color! So few women look good when they let their hair go natural but you do. My sister colored her hair and then it fell out when she had chemo. It grew back in a beautiful shade of white and she's left it and gets all kinds of compliments on it. She says it's a relief not to have to worry about roots showing!

Re: The above post is to Carole not from Carole!

Kathy G on 2/26/03 at 08:19 (110810)

Where I was supposed to fill in name, I put your name and not mine!

Sorry, Carole! (I still like the color of your hair!)

Re: Kathy

Carole C in NOLA on 2/26/03 at 13:23 (110862)

Thanks, Kathy! I have to admit that I don't have a clue as to what color I would choose if/when I color it in a month or two. It would have to be something light colored because the natural reddish brown of my youth would be too harsh for my complexion at this age without tons of make-up. Maybe an ash blonde or very light brown color would work.

The appeal of coloring it would be that it would give my hair more body and shine, and I wouldn't be just another woman with short grey curly hair. It seems like almost everyone with grey hair wears it short and curly, so I find that boring.

How neat that your sister's hair came back in looking so nice! She had been through enough already. I hadn't thought about the dilemma of roots showing. That would be bad. But, maybe I could get a hair color that I could do at home myself.

Carole C

marie on 2/26/03 at 14:19 (110873)

Looks Great!!!

Necee on 2/26/03 at 23:56 (110944)

Enjoyed the pictures Carole. You are such a brave soul! I chicken out everytime I think about cutting my hair. Well when you think about it, I've always had very long hair, so to cut it would be a big event for me.
Happy trails...

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/03 at 06:44 (110956)

It was a big event for me too, Necee! I hadn't even had my hair trimmed in since 1992, and like you I've worn it long most of my life.

I just felt like I needed a change, especially when trying to figure out what to do with it for the Mardi Gras ball. Of course, within seconds after I cut it Frank cancelled out on me so I won't be going to the ball. But actually now that it's cut, I kind of like it! I'd better because I can't 'un-cut' it. LOL

Carole C

Kathy G on 2/27/03 at 18:36 (111053)

Ah, yes, Carole. Brings to mind when I had my braids cut off at the age of 10. The hairdresser cut off one braid and I panicked and said, 'Is it too late to change my mind?' That's the last time I had long hair as I never have had the patience to go through the 'in-between' stage. I still have my braids and my kids marvel that their mother had such long hair!

Re: cutting off long hair!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/03 at 19:55 (111073)

That's just how I felt, Kathy! I stood there for a moment with the scissors ready to cut, and thought, 'I should just DO it!' and I did and then thought OH MY GOSH. (grin). Of course, then I told myself there was no going back so after a while I did the other side.

Compounding the situation was the fact that I haven't cut my hair during those eleven years, and I had no idea whether or not I could still do it and not end up looking terribly bizzarre. But all in all, I am pleased. I'm enjoying the novelty of having short hair and all the different ways one can curl it and otherwise fix it.

Carole C