Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does RSDS result from TTS?

Posted by Ricky J. on 2/25/03 at 07:57 (110672)

The Doc perfoming these nerve blocks on me, said that he is treating me for RSDS. I had not even heard of RSDS until the other day. I am assuming the TTS has caused the RSDS. The shots sure do help me for about 24 hours. I have been getting a little longer relief with each shot. My pain level has went from a (8 or 9) to a (6 or 7) on these shots. The doc said that he is considering putting me in the hospital for 3 or 4 days with an I.V. in my back in order to reduce my nerve pain.

Re: Does RSDS result from TTS?

Terry Z on 2/25/03 at 11:10 (110694)

Wow Ricky you sure are having a rough time. I've read RSD can be caused by surgery but I would guess you've done some research. Have you notices your foot turning red blue, and your foot turning hot then cold? Everyone is different when it comes to RSD but be careful with ice if you use it, I was told I could use cold cool but not ice. Heat makes me feel better sometimes but again different strokes for different folks. Early treatment is your best shot of recovery, I really wish you a lot of luck. There are many good sites to check out but don't let some of that stuff worry you it may help they are treating you early. My doctor put me on Nifedipine after my tts, I don't know how many doctors would use this drug but I'm hoping it was a good choice in my case. My doctors have also pushed therapy, therapy and more therapy.
Terry

Re: Brian, Please could you give this person that Neruo web site address

Tammie on 2/25/03 at 14:34 (110715)

This web site has alot of information on RSD I have found that is the ultimat for information!!! There are many there that have RSD and they will give you alot of help in finding information about this RSD! Please take a look at it and find out your self before they might do something that you might not have wanted! I did not do that before my tts and my facial release and now I am with RSD and I WONT make that mistake again!!!! I might add I have a wonderful pain dr, who recently told me I am a dificult patientat this point he needs to send me to a mre expieranced Dr. who only preforms some of the things he cant give!

They are talking about a morphine pump inplanted , also somthing called a (SCS) it is a spinal cord stimulation, and there is something that is the absolute last thin and even then you may not want for fear it has serious things that could happen and migt not want it is called a sypathectomy.

Please when Brian gives you that web site please go look there they are as wonderful as here! Only RSD is something very different then here!I love it here as this was my first home and friends and I care much aabout everyone. I try to read this board and try to help if I can! But I am still having so much pain that I am a circle I either am so medicated I cant think right or spell lol never could but now even worse! Or I am sleeping or not and in a inbetween spell (between pain med cycle) But in any case PLEASE check this site out it cost nothing and gives alot of good information!

You will find out symtoms different treatments and about the blocks and what you are having. Take care and hope to see you soon there!

BRIAN thank you so much I cant find the info right now as I am shaking hands to much and I cant find it I am sorry maybe later when I get back on if yu dont! Heh thatnk you for this I owe you bigLOL hope that puppy is doing good for you as it will be spring before you know it I cant weight I get out maybe one day a week and then i die the rest with double clothes triple socks and heating pads and you get the picture! Thank you again! Also 2 sets of lawyers dropped case as can not prove HE caused mal practice! I still have never heard from the other it is that last as I dint do it my hubby did it as I am concertrating on learning how to live with this and reaading and learning about my options as I see my new Dr.next Fri. Keep me in your prayers as I am mighty scared and hope he is paitient and kind and really cares and wont hurt me! Good luch and hope Brian sees this!

Marty on 2/25/03 at 22:36 (110787)

Ricky,

Hang in there you are really going though some tuff times. If I'm right you live where you can't get to a pain clinic correct. Type in RSD and RSDS in the google search engine, there you'll find sites that can help. I think they have some boards that you can post on too. I had some good ones but I must of lost them. You can go here http://www.neuropathy.org/ and post and maybe someone there can direct you to the right sight. You have to join the above site, to do this click on to become a member now at the bottom of the page and then click on You may also join us as a general member without making a donation at this time. It's at the bottom.

Keep us posted.

Best Wishes, Marty

Ps. Was this brought on by surgery?

Re: RSD message board

BrianG on 2/25/03 at 23:13 (110791)

Hi Ricky,

As per Tammie's request, if you send me your e-mail address, I'll forward to you a very active RSD message board. I think it will help you, as it has posters from all over the world, in all stages of the disease / injury. I'm at: (email removed)

Good luck
BrianG

wendyn on 2/26/03 at 07:26 (110802)

Ricky - I have RSD as a result of TTS (no surgery)

Thanksfully - I got much better on my own (but it took a long time)

Lolly O on 3/04/03 at 11:36 (111739)

I think I have had heelspur/PF that turnned into TTS.

What is RSDS? I hope that it is no the next step for me.

Thanks,
LOLLY

Sharon W on 3/04/03 at 12:10 (111750)

RSD - or 'reflex symptathetic dystrophy syndrome' is a severe (and in some cases, potentially fatal) nerve condition that can result from any surgery or major injury. There are people who contribute to these boards who have gotten it after surgery for TTS.

(It might also be possible to develop this problem as a result of severe nerve pain conditions.)

Sharon