Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Once and for all

Posted by Pauline on 2/25/03 at 19:59 (110766)

I'd like to suggest that ONCE AND FOR ALL we as posters acknowledge openly
that we greatly appreciate the presence of any doctor who comes to this board to share their medical knowledge with its posters.

That having been said OUT LOUD and in sound presence of mind, with any others who will sign on, can we once and for all time lay any doubt about this aside.

Bumps and bruses are bound to come to everyone doctors included. Dr. Z and I have gone many a round and both of us are still kicking. I'm just surprised a man of his age he has lasted this long:*)

Re: Once and for all

Dr. Z on 2/25/03 at 20:37 (110775)

How old do you think I am.?????? I would be bored without you.!!. Seriously we all do have some kind of bond, We all come back almost day in and day out. We all have that in commoon beside feet. We all are dedicated to this site. Now that is something we all should be proud of!!

Re: Pauline

wendyn on 2/25/03 at 23:09 (110790)

Every so often I'm reminded of why I like the people on this board...Pauline - this is one of those times!!

Re: Did you want a "show of hands"?

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 08:29 (110813)

Pauline,

I don't know if you were really asking for a 'show of hands' from those of us who greatly appreciate the presence of any doctor who comes here to share medical knowledge with posters. But you certainly have my support on this.

Sharon

Bev N on 2/26/03 at 09:03 (110819)

I second that , we all really do appreciate all the help the doctors provide for us. One question though, who is BGCPed and where is he from and what kind of dr. is he? Thanks , Bev

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 09:24 (110821)

Bev,

BG is a C.Ped, a certified pedorthist (not really a doctor). Pedorthists specialize in shoes for 'difficult' feet, and they make orthotics [someone please correct me if I have that wrong!] Many people have been happier with the orthotics they got from a C. Ped than with the rigid ones prescribed by podiatrists or other doctors.

If you visit the shoes & orthotics board, you will find expert posts by BGCped there.

Sharon

BGCPed on 2/26/03 at 09:30 (110822)

Thanks Sharon, that is a fine explaination from my point of view. Asking my location is a bit frisky and forward. As a teaser I will say that I am a Taurus.

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 09:36 (110824)

Me too.

Sharon

Bev N on 2/26/03 at 10:30 (110828)

Sorry for being forward, but sometimes people want to know the location of good doctors in case they are looking for one, but since you are not a doctor,it does not matter ,so sorry for being frisky (I've never been told I was frisky before, is that good or bad?). Have a good ddday. Bev

BGCPed on 2/26/03 at 10:59 (110836)

not an insult just a bit of levity

Re: BGCPed

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 11:03 (110838)

Does that (being Tauruses) mean that we are both 'bull headed'?

Sharon

BGCPed on 2/26/03 at 11:09 (110842)

Yes it does. I thgink the plural form would be taurusi ? or something similar? Could somebody smarter than me let me know

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 11:14 (110844)

Maybe it's 'taurusae' :*)

Sharon

BGCPed on 2/26/03 at 11:26 (110846)

you mess with the bull....you get the horns

Bev N on 2/26/03 at 12:41 (110851)

Hey, this scorpio can take on a taurus , but she won't , she will mind her own business like a good girl. Bev

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 13:00 (110854)

OOooh, as a Scorpio you must sometimes have quite a sting! :*)

Sharon

Bev N on 2/26/03 at 13:17 (110858)

No, not really, Sharon --- I am just a boring ,quiet, sore - foot person who is only trying to reach out to other sore feet persons looking for a little sympathy and reassurance that this too shall pass. Bev

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 13:28 (110863)

Fair enough. I'm not really 'into' the idea that those astrological stereotypes are real, I just think they're kind of fun to play around with.

I can relate to the sore feet thing -- and for most people, it DOES pass.

Looks like you got 'bit' by the triple-posting bug!

Sharon

Re: just looking for a good foot professional in Michigan for Bev

Carole C in NOLA on 2/26/03 at 13:42 (110871)

BGCPed, sorry if apparently I misled Bev who lives in Michigan. For some reason I thought you and maybe Dr. Manoli were in Michigan, so in another post to Bev I asked (the world) if you were in Michigan. I got no answer so Bev was just following up on that, not really being 'frisky'. :)

Carole C

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/26/03 at 15:01 (110876)

Pauline:

Thank you for your post. It has often been said to discuss everything except politics and religion.

I, nor anyone else, really know the other posters on the board. As such, it is really not possible to assume what the opinions, motives or intentions are when a political statement is made. If politics is to be discussed, we need to focus on the issues and circumstances surrounding the issues but avoid criticizing specific individuals for their opinions or turning criticisms into personal attacks. Discussing the merits of philosophies or belief systems is okay, provided that we recognize that the posters here are not the standard bearers of a specific set of beliefs.
Ed

Re: just looking for a good foot professional in Michigan for Bev

BGCPed on 2/26/03 at 16:02 (110893)

Oh sorry, we are in Michigan. We are about 5 miles apart. Between the two of us we can solve or at least help most patients....not all, but a pretty darn good record imho. Let me know if you have any other questions

Pauline on 2/26/03 at 18:38 (110915)

Dr. Ed,
I think I pointed this out in my earlier observations about the original threads.

Support with facts on the subject matter doesn't have to include support for any specific person's post. Its the topic that is being debated, purely the topic.

I think we go astray when folks begin to say things like 'I support
James, or Michael or LuLu instead of keeping the focus strictly on the topic. When this happens its like a football tackle, everyone takes sides and piles on. Really not necessary.

I'd like to think that everyone has learned from this experience and will
debate heated topics in the future differently.

Re: BG & Bev

Sharon W on 2/27/03 at 07:45 (110961)

BG, Bev:

Do you happen to know Dr. Manoli's first name -- to make it easier for Bev to find him in her phone book?

Bev, Dr. Manoli is an M.D., a foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon. And he might be just the person to help you...

Sharon

Bev N on 2/27/03 at 10:16 (110979)

Sharon, Thankyou very much. I didn't have the nerve to ask , but you did - ' you go girl' ! I found him and got his e-mail so I will check on that. Thankyou very much. Bev

Sharon W on 2/27/03 at 11:29 (110987)

Carole deserves the credit; she realized what you were wanting to know, and explained it to us.

Sharon

Re: location of Dr. Arthur Manoli

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/03 at 11:39 (110988)

Bev,

I did a search on 'Manoli' in these message boards, and I came up with an old post by D. Thomas that says this:

'You might want to make an appointment with Dr. Arthur Manoli for another opinion. His practice is at the St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital in Pontiac. He and Brian work together. His number is 248-858-6773. Ask for Sue. She will take care of you.'

I hope this helps!

Carole C

BGCPed on 2/27/03 at 11:59 (110991)

His office is very close to I-75 and M-59 so it is easy to get to from many areas of the state. I assumed you were from the outstate area

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/03 at 12:10 (110992)

I am in New Orleans, but Bev (the person looking for someone in Michigan) lives in Michigan. This info might help her. Thanks, BGCPed.

Carole C

Bev N on 2/27/03 at 14:53 (111021)

Carole, Sharon,Brian, Thankyou very much, I did e-mail Dr. Manoli and he is accepting new patients. I will need to obtain a referral from my GP so I can see another Dr. as I have a PPO insurance. Thankyou all very much for all of your help. You all are really great people to help others out so much. Bev

Sharon W on 2/27/03 at 17:41 (111040)

Bev,

I saw your post on the surgery board, so I posted some info on small fiber neuropathy to you there.

Sharon

Bev N on 2/27/03 at 18:47 (111055)

Sharon, Thankyou very much, I printed thatinformation out from the neuro. board. Bev