Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A pain in the toe

Posted by Kathy G on 2/26/03 at 08:36 (110814)

As opposed to a pain in the neck?? I should probably go see my Pod but thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this. It's not the pain I got when I had the neuroma. It's underneath the big toe, near the base, and it's kind of a stinging pain. It woke me up one night and it was sore in the morning but as soon as I put on my shoes with the orthotics, it went away. As soon as I took them off, it started again. Now, it's bothering me all the time. I'm thinking it's just osteoarthritis but I guess I should have it checked out, huh? Anyone else with PF have a sore toe?

Re: A pain in the toe

Sharon W on 2/26/03 at 12:15 (110849)

Yep, that sounds real familiar to me. I told my pod about it and she didn't say anything... Maybe this is arthritis, like you said, because there IS some stiffness in that big toe joint and it sometimes 'pops' when I move it.

Sharon

Necee on 2/26/03 at 15:28 (110883)

Yes, I've had the same sensation, but not in my big toe, it's at the base of my middle toe. I have this tingling feeling, and it feels very sore when I press on it. I haven't a clue as to what it could be.

Happy trails...

Necee

Kathy G on 2/28/03 at 10:00 (111152)

I switched from the running shoes I was wearing to another, identical but less-worn pair and it went away! I had been wearing these in the inclement weather but prior to that only for gardening and yard work. I just didn't realize that they had apparently become too worn to wear.

Thanks for your input, hopefully, the pain in the toe is gone!!

Sharon W on 2/28/03 at 11:29 (111166)

Hopefully it is. If it does pop up again, though, I hope you'll mention it to your doctor next time you see them.

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/03 at 09:07 (111258)

That's great news! I hope you are right and the pain in your toe is gone for good. Isn't it amazing what a difference the right, or wrong shoes can make!

Carole C

peter f on 3/08/03 at 15:27 (112273)

Thats what I have been posting about-it may well be where the facsia inserts into the base of the proximal phalynx-look at the picture of the plantar fascia and see what you think-makes my inserts feel lumpy in that area