Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot spasms

Posted by Alyssa G on 2/26/03 at 12:46 (110852)

Hello Dr.
For the past 2 years or so, I have been waking up with excrutiating foot spasms. These spasms do not happen every night or every month... it's sporatic. I would say about every 3 months (approximately) the foot spasm happens. It's happened on both feet but never at the same time. My toes spasm and start moving and stretching on their own causing horrible pain. The bottom of my foot spasms too. I don't know what causes it... but I would love for this to end. When this occurs, there is nothing I can do to stop it... I can't even move! Every morning when I get out bed, my feet are numb and they hurt... once I walk around, the numbness goes away and the pain goes away. I workout at least 5 days a week... I use the tredmill and the elyptical machine. I don't know if this has something to do with it. OH... I also wear high heals at least 8 hours a day. THank you for any advice you might have for me.
Ali

Re: Foot spasms

Dr. Z on 2/26/03 at 20:47 (110929)

What have your doctor told you so far?

Re: Foot spasms

Alyssa G on 2/27/03 at 11:43 (110989)

I haven't been to a Dr. yet. What will he check for? Since the spasms don't happen daily or monthly... what will he be checking? The feet numbness and pain is in the morning, but like I said, as soon as I start walking, it goes away. Could this be a lack of vitamin or something?