Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis???????????

Posted by Ken M on 2/27/03 at 22:33 (111103)

Hi,

I have developed pain in my left foot and have had Xrays and they showed nothing. The doctor says that I have plantar fasciitis although the xrays showed nothing. I have pain from underneath my back heal and also under the arch of the foot to the toes. I also feel very stiff in the foot and have to force myself to walk. When I am warmed up, the pain is not so bad, but after being on my feet all day, by the end of the day I am limping. When I rest and cool down, the foot is very tight and sore and I limp until I go to bed to fully rest. This pattern starts all over again in the morning and has become worse over the past 3 months.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken

Re: Plantar Fasciitis???????????

Andrue on 2/28/03 at 03:42 (111121)

I'm not a Dr. but it sounds like PF to me. As I understand it the X-Ray won't show anything because it doesn't show soft tissue very well. To see soft tissue you need the MRI or Ultrasound.

General advice can be found on the Heel Pain Book. Gentle stretching, ice and possibly arch supports. You need to be aware though that there is no single solution that works for everyone. It appears to require a combination of therapies.