Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

score one for the good guys....

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 2/27/03 at 23:16 (111109)

web Ananova

News
Latest headlines

Quirkies
Eccentrics
Quirky gaffes
Strange crime
Sex life
Animal tales
Sporting quirkies
Showbiz quirkies
Business quirkies
Heartwarmers
Rocky relationships
Bad taste
Unlucky
Quirkies video report

Latest picture stories
Latest video reports
Celebrities
Technology
Science and discovery
Royals
Lifestyle
Surveys
Politics
UK travel
Lotto
News A-Z

Orange Personal News

Corrections

Ananova:

Danish pizzeria bans French and Germans

A Danish pizzeria has banned French and Germans from dining there because of their country's stance on a war with Iraq.

Aage Bjerre, who owns Aage's Pizza on the island of Fanoe, said he's tired of French and German attitudes toward the United States.

He's put two homemade drawings on the shop door, one a silhouette of a man coloured red, yellow and black for Germany and another in the red, white and blue for France.

Both silhouettes have a bar across them.

He says Germans will be allowed in if their country joins a war on Iraq, but the French will have to endure a lifetime ban.

Aage said: 'Hadn't the United States helped Europe in defeating Germany, there would have been photos of Adolf Hitler hanging on the walls around here.'

The ban has yet to affect his business because the tourist season only starts after Easter and peaks during the summer. 'I do what my conscience tells me to do,' he said.

He added: 'Frenchmen have a lifetime ban here. Their attitude toward the United States will never change.'

Associated Press

Story filed: 09:15 Tuesday 25th February 2003

Related stories:
Man stuck on frozen roof for two hours to avoid lover's husband
10:43 Tuesday 11th February 2003

Police attend house after hearing phone message
07:49 Tuesday 7th January 2003

More related stories

Check for more on:
Quirkies
Denmark

Home - News - Entertainment - Sport - Business - Video Reports - Weather - TV Guide
Copyright 2003 Ananova Ltd
Terms and conditions of use - Privacy policy - Corrections - Contact Ananova - About Ananova

Re: score one for the good guys....

BGCPed on 2/27/03 at 23:57 (111117)

I wonder if the and when the war starts and allah willing we kill Saddam fast and you see Iraqis dancing in the streets and soldiers giving up for a sandwich, what will France, Germany and the left in this country say?

I bet they will still have a negative attitude and claim that it is still wrong and we will face retribution because of it

Re: score one for the good guys....

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/28/03 at 00:16 (111119)

BG:

I don't know what it will take for some to come around. Shroeder won by a fairly narrow lead over Stoiber in Germany so just a few percentage point change in German public opinion could change the balance there. Stoiber should have asked for the votes to be recounted -- over and over again, throw out any swinging chads for Schroeder.
Ed