Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

USA Today

Posted by john h on 2/28/03 at 15:40 (111189)

An interesting article in USA Today this morning about the value of Hollywood stars becoming advocates for war against Iraq. To much for me to cover here but polls indicate that 83% of Americans say their views have no effect on how they feel. Also noted that there is now a protest group against the protesters with 40,000 members and a web site. now that is great a protest against the protesters. is America great or what? maybe we can invent some sort of cyber protest or has that already been done?

Re: USA Today

marie on 2/28/03 at 15:51 (111193)

Sorry John it's already been done.

BGCPed on 2/28/03 at 16:42 (111196)

Well I for one am all for it John. Perhaps in a few I will look it up and see where to sign on. 83% is about 17% short. It is pretty spooky that it even that large of a number. I think maybe of the ones that feel they should influence war should be put on a website. People could vote on which ones they want to be a human shield. We could forward the results to agents and entertainers. They could give awards to the ones that people chose the most.

p.s. wasnt Alec Baldwin supposed to leave the country if Bush won? He must have done it because I have not seen him in any movies or tv for about 2 years

john h on 2/28/03 at 18:16 (111207)

Yes Mr. Baldwin was supposed to depart but alas he has not. We have had some celeberities really put there foots in their mouths over the years. There were a couple of actors that supported Hitler and Mussolini prior to WWII. A member of the Airizona Cardinal football team making well over a million dollars a year quit the team a few months ago and enlisted in the service to become an Army Ranger. He will probably make less than $20,000 a year and his life will almost immediately be at risk. What kind of guy does this?.Probably the same kind of guy that stood in front of those tanks in Tineamen Square in Bejing during the student uprising some years ago.Some people not only have convictions but are readily willing to die for them. I wonder if Mr. Baldwin would care to be a human shield in Iraq? If those people stay there and the bombs start falling they sure have my admiration for their courage because if they happen to be in one of Saddam's palaces or munitions factories they are in deep trouble. Many governments have already pulled their embassy people out of Iraq. I think after this coming week there will be war or Saddam will have started to disarm and we can have peace. I prefer peace but it does not look promising.

Necee on 2/28/03 at 18:20 (111209)

I'd like to see Mr. Baldwins reaction if his loved ones were in a highrise bulding that was attacked by terrorists.

Happy trails....

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/28/03 at 23:09 (111239)

Good point. I really hope that it soes not happen to us again but considering how difficult it can be to be protected from terrorism, it is likely that something will occur. How soon some forget the lessons of 9-11.

Our only hope to defeat terrorism is to go after the state sponsors of terrorism -- those who finance, train and give refuge to terrorists.