Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I found something great for our feet!

Posted by Necee on 3/01/03 at 00:55 (111240)

A couple of weeks ago I was at a Bath and Body Works store, they had these gel socks and foot cream on sale....well, I bought some and it's absolutely wonderful! You put this cream on your feet, and then put these gel socks on, you can leave them on for a few minutes or all night, I sleep in mine, it feels so good and soothing to my feet. The lotion helps moisturize dry spots. I somtimes get really dry heels, so far this has been a good investment for me. Just thought I'd share what I found in case anyone was needing something to soothe their feet.
They also have gel gloves, I regret not getting those too, since I have really dry hands in the winter.
I went in there looking for those scented candles, 'Night Blooming Jasmine'. Boy, they sure do have lots of good smellin' stuff! Ended up buying socks and cream instead!

Happy trails..

Necee

Re: I found something great for our feet!

BGCPed on 3/01/03 at 07:34 (111246)

You may also want to try BAGBALM it was intended to soften cow udders but noted that farmers, whou usually have hard dry hands got soft also. Some place like Walmart may have it but also at grain/feed stores. It is very inexpensive for a big jar. You can also put it on and put a pair of acrylic socks over it to wear all night

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/03 at 08:52 (111253)

That sounds great for the feet! When my PF was causing me a lot of pain, I found that it really did seem to help if I pampered my feet and used lotion on them.

Night Blooming Jasmine candles? Wow! Night Blooming Jasmine is my favorite of their scents, and the only scent I use. I spray a little on me each morning. I also have Night Blooming Jasmine lotion, and Night Blooming Jasmine bath products too. I love being surrounded by the scent of Night Blooming Jasmine as I drift off to sleep at night.

Carole C

john h on 3/01/03 at 13:20 (111290)

Carole: the only Jasmine I know was on Baywatch.

Suzanne D on 3/01/03 at 13:30 (111296)

I thought of Carole as soon as I read this post! :-)

I'll have to look for the lotion and socks. I've never noticed them before. I had very oily skin until a few years ago, so I don't really have that much problem with dryness. But I do enjoy hand lotions - especially the ones with a vanilla smell. (I think it's because I like cookies!)

Suzanne :-)

Suzanne D on 3/01/03 at 13:31 (111297)

Some of my friends have talked about this, too. Being near a lot of dairy farmers, I've heard good things about this product.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/03 at 13:57 (111302)

Gee, John! I never watched Baywatch so I don't know that Jasmine.

My daughter had a friend in kindergarten named Jasmine, who was tiny for her age, with curly dark hair, very white skin, and freckles, and she was so smart and articulate for five years old! I'll bet the Jasmine on Baywatch didn't look like that at all and probably wasn't as smart, either.

Carole C

Re: For Carole...

Suzanne D on 3/01/03 at 14:50 (111308)

Knowing how much you like night-blooming jasmine, I was curious about the plant and wondered if you might have luck growing some since you have such luscious plants in your yard. I typed in a search and came up with this.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/flowers/jasmine.html

It may not be a plant you can grow in New Orleans, I really don't know, but it was interesting reading about it, and it said as long as the root system doesn't freeze, the plant will come back.

I just thought I'd share this with you!

Re: For Carole...

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/03 at 14:59 (111309)

How interesting, Suzanne! Even though the roots do not like a freeze, maybe some day I could try to grow one either in a pot or trying to protect it from freezes somehow. Thanks!

I especially like the source of the article, from Texas A&M where I got three degrees (but not in horticulture). :)

Carole C

Re: For: * CAROLE*

Necee on 3/03/03 at 01:15 (111545)

Carole, I bet you'd have great luck with growing Jasmine where you live.
Carolina Jasmine is a beautiful vine. Give it a try this summer.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: For: * CAROLE*

Carole C in NOLA on 3/03/03 at 06:27 (111552)

Thanks, Necee. I might do that. I have a chain link fence by the driveway that has one vine growing vigorously on it, but there is room for another if I wanted it, by the side door where I park the car. Jasmine might be just perfect.

I can't believe that the lawn already needs mowing. I should have mowed it yesterday, but did not. Maybe I'll mow it tomorrow since i have the day off. Spring is definitely here! :)

Carole C