Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4 Wks. Post-Op

Posted by Sharon F. on 3/01/03 at 06:19 (111244)

Can't believe I'm doing all this at 4 wks. post-op for PF release! I've been totally out of the boot and in my regular Etonic walkers for 1 week. I'm back to doing all my household routines just like pre-op: Laundry, kitchen, light errands. My foot gets tired and achy when I've been up too long, though, and I go sit down. I cannot spend an afternoon shopping and hitting 3 stores. I can only do one. I have yet to make 'the big grocery store trip'. I continue to do foot strengthening exercises and massage twice a day. I'm riding my stationary bike 20-25 minutes and doing some dumbells. I worked 4 hours last week as a school nurse. I'm sleeping in my night splint and taking ibuprofen 800 mg 1-2 times a day. The doc just told me to go at life slowly and when I hurt sit down. There are sometimes 'shocks' to the foot if I take a step too fast. I cannot say if the surgery has been a success yet. They said to expect 3-6 months to resume all pre-op activity, and I then I think I'll know. Sharon F.

Re: 4 Wks. Post-Op

Bev N on 3/01/03 at 07:57 (111251)

Sharon F, That is so-o-o great you are doing so well, it is so good to hear success stories !! Keep up the good work, and don't over-do it. Keep us posted as to your great progress,we can use the good news. Have a great day. Bev