Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dansko shoes

Posted by Marty on 3/01/03 at 11:43 (111269)

Has anyone tried Dansko shoes. It looks to be that my not accommodate orthodics due to the arch. Is this the case? Are they a good product for feet such as ours?

Re: Dansko shoes

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/03 at 12:20 (111278)

Some people here have really liked Dansko clogs a lot! I'll bet you would come up with a lot of posts if you do a search on 'Dansko' for these message boards. They are supposed to be a good product for people with plantar fasciitis. I don't recall anybody saying that they were wearing orthotics with them, though.

I've never even tried any Danskos on, but I thought I'd pass this info along anyway.

Carole C

Marty on 3/01/03 at 12:44 (111286)

Oh good idea on the search, thanks Carole

anna k on 3/02/03 at 09:24 (111358)

I wore Dansko's last year when working. My orthotics didn't fit in them.

Personally,they didn't work for me. I was on my feet 8-10 hrs/day on concrete on them. By the end of the year I was not only having heel pain but bad pain and numbness at the ball of my feet.

I recently switched and have been alternating between Birk clogs and New balance trainers with orthotics and haven't had any foot pain in a couple weeks now(yay!)

That said, I'm about hte only person I know that hasn't liked their Danskos...just about everyone I work with wears them and loves them.

As with most shoes probably personally mileage will vary....

carmen on 3/05/03 at 13:46 (111887)

Orthotics will not fit into the danskos....the footbed is not removable and the shoe itself ofers significant support. Trying these on first is a must.

Amber on 4/01/03 at 15:43 (115106)

I have the Dansko shoes with ties, and the footbed is removable to allow for Orthotics. I guess your talking of actual clogs, not the shoe type clogs.